Old 03-10-2011, 07:42 AM
justin

Default RFC: Making largefile a global use

On 10/03/11 09:36, Amadeusz Żołnowski wrote:
> Excerpts from justin's message of Thu Mar 10 09:08:24 +0100 2011:
>> there are not many packages using it, but I will add this flag to
>> another 10.
>> And I think, it is of a general, global meaning. Do you agree in
>> making it a global USE?
>
> I'm new here, but I think it would be good idea to list packages using
> that flag with meaning described by its maintainers and your proposal.

euse -i largefile
global use flags (searching: largefile)
no matching entries found

local use flags (searching: largefile)
[+ C ] largefile (app-text/dos2unix):
Support for large files

[+ C ] largefile (dev-libs/eggdbus):
Support for large files

[+ C ] largefile (net-misc/freerdp):
Support for large files

[+ C ] largefile (net-p2p/mktorrent):
Enable largefile support on 32 bit systems

[+ C ] largefile (sci-biology/emboss):
Support for large files

[+ C ] largefile (sci-biology/exonerate):
Enable largefile support on 32 bit systems

[+ C ] largefile (sci-geosciences/grass):
Enable LFS support for huge files

The sci packages and dos2unix are under my control.
Others are maintained by net-p2p@gentoo.org, hwoarang@gentoo.org,
volkmar@gentoo.org & freedesktop-bugs@gentoo.org.

And will add it or not to all sci-biology/{emboss,ambassy} packages.

But I would agree with Mike in defaulting to LFS.

justin

Old 03-10-2011, 07:44 AM
Dale