Old 03-10-2011, 07:08 AM
justin

Default RFC: Making largefile a global use

Hi,

there are not many packages using it, but I will add this flag to
another 10.
And I think, it is of a general, global meaning. Do you agree in making
it a global USE?

justin

Old 03-10-2011, 07:35 AM
Mike Frysinger

On Thursday, March 10, 2011 03:08:24 justin wrote:
> there are not many packages using it, but I will add this flag to
> another 10.
> And I think, it is of a general, global meaning. Do you agree in making
> it a global USE?

i cant see much value anymore in even making this an option. just drop the
USE flag and always use LFS.
-mike

Old 03-10-2011, 07:36 AM
Amadeusz Żołnowski

Excerpts from justin's message of Thu Mar 10 09:08:24 +0100 2011:
> there are not many packages using it, but I will add this flag to
> another 10.
> And I think, it is of a general, global meaning. Do you agree in
> making it a global USE?

I'm new here, but I think it would be good idea to list packages using
that flag with meaning described by its maintainers and your proposal.
--
Amadeusz Żołnowski

PGP key fpr: C700 CEDE 0C18 212E 49DA 4653 F013 4531 E1DB FAB5