FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor

Go Back   Linux Archive > Gentoo > Gentoo Development

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 02-27-2011, 01:44 PM
"Paweł Hajdan, Jr."
 
Default unbreaking net-print/foo2zjs

Currently foo2zjs is completely broken because of digest verification
issues. I happen to have a printer that requires foo2zjs, and I decided
to fix this problem.

I've submitted a live ebuild, see <http://bugs.gentoo.org/356695>

It's not ideal, but it works for me, and can be a starting point for
creating fully versioned tarballs on Gentoo side.

As the package seems rather unmaintained, I'm going to wait for a while
and check in the ebuild if nobody is against that.

Any feedback is welcome, please let me know what you think.

Paweł Hajdan, Jr.
 
Old 02-27-2011, 02:35 PM
Tomáš Chvátal
 
Default unbreaking net-print/foo2zjs

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Hash: SHA1

Dne 27.2.2011 15:44, "Paweł Hajdan, Jr." napsal(a):
> Currently foo2zjs is completely broken because of digest verification
> issues. I happen to have a printer that requires foo2zjs, and I decided
> to fix this problem.
>
> I've submitted a live ebuild, see <http://bugs.gentoo.org/356695>
>
> It's not ideal, but it works for me, and can be a starting point for
> creating fully versioned tarballs on Gentoo side.
>
> As the package seems rather unmaintained, I'm going to wait for a while
> and check in the ebuild if nobody is against that.
>
> Any feedback is welcome, please let me know what you think.
>
> Paweł Hajdan, Jr.
>
Given the fact i am last touching it i would say do whatever you want.
On the side note... upstream is insane and i am quite happy that foo2zjs
requiring printer died on me )

For the same note i hate that wgeting cause it ain't signed at all, so
you can't trust what the fck are you fetching.

Also those patches that were on current release had meaning, so unless
they were fixed by upstream you should apply them.

Cheers

Tom
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v2.0.17 (GNU/Linux)
Comment: Using GnuPG with Mozilla - http://enigmail.mozdev.org/

iEYEARECAAYFAk1qbysACgkQHB6c3gNBRYcvhwCdHZRuDLS78N fqNUCHdn7Sy7kq
HpQAoLYbEWVEfCCvxUqGB7E8ip6WcbHs
=5fgu
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
 
Old 03-07-2011, 11:05 AM
Hanno Böck
 
Default unbreaking net-print/foo2zjs

Am Sun, 27 Feb 2011 15:44:13 +0100
schrieb "Paweł Hajdan, Jr." <phajdan.jr@gentoo.org>:

> As the package seems rather unmaintained, I'm going to wait for a
> while and check in the ebuild if nobody is against that.
>
> Any feedback is welcome, please let me know what you think.

I have a printer using foo2zjs and have my own ebuild for that. Though
my printer is black-white and thus doesn't need the whole color-profile
stuff and no firmware.

I thought about splitting the stuff to make maintaining easier. One
ebuild for the driver itself, one for the color profiles and one for
the firmwares.


--
Hanno Böck mail/jabber: hanno@hboeck.de
GPG: BBB51E42 http://www.hboeck.de/
 
Old 03-10-2011, 10:08 AM
"Paweł Hajdan, Jr."
 
Default unbreaking net-print/foo2zjs

On 3/7/11 1:05 PM, Hanno Böck wrote:
> Am Sun, 27 Feb 2011 15:44:13 +0100
> schrieb "Paweł Hajdan, Jr." <phajdan.jr@gentoo.org>:
>
>> As the package seems rather unmaintained, I'm going to wait for a
>> while and check in the ebuild if nobody is against that.
>>
>> Any feedback is welcome, please let me know what you think.
>
> I thought about splitting the stuff to make maintaining easier. One
> ebuild for the driver itself, one for the color profiles and one for
> the firmwares.

Yeah, I was also thinking about that. However, I haven't analyzed the
build system enough to know how to handle the files downloaded from the
network separately.

I think my plan for now is to check in something working, and try to
improve it when I have another chunk of time.

Of course anyone is free to hack on it too.

Paweł Hajdan, Jr.
 
Old 03-12-2011, 11:21 AM
"Paweł Hajdan, Jr."
 
Default unbreaking net-print/foo2zjs

I have just committed the live ebuild for foo2zjs. At least it works.

On 3/7/11 1:05 PM, Hanno Böck wrote:
> I have a printer using foo2zjs and have my own ebuild for that. Though
> my printer is black-white and thus doesn't need the whole color-profile
> stuff and no firmware.

Ah, I missed a few bits from your message when reading earlier. Could
you please send me the ebuild you are using? If some printers can be
supported with no additional firmware/files, creating a non-live,
versioned-tarball based packages should be possible, and I can do it.

Paweł Hajdan, Jr.
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 03:15 AM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org