Old 02-21-2011, 02:09 AM
Uditha Galgamuwa

Default Rewrite java-config in C++ or python

Hi dev,
���������� I am Uditha Galgamuwa from university of moratuwa,Sri Lanka.I am interested in the project idea "Rewrite java-config in C++ or python" which was in last year Gsoc.As I saw this project has not been implemented in Gsoc 2010.Will this be available for this year's idea list from Gentoo foundation? I have good knowledge on programming with java and some knowledge on C++ �and a basic understanding about XSLT as well.

Thank you very much
Uditha.

Old 02-26-2011, 04:08 PM
Daniel Pielmeier

2011/2/21 Uditha Galgamuwa <nandun8781@gmail.com>:
> Hi dev,
> I am Uditha Galgamuwa from university of moratuwa,Sri Lanka.I am
> interested in the project idea "Rewrite java-config in C++ or python" which
> was in last year Gsoc.As I saw this project has not been implemented in Gsoc
> 2010.Will this be available for this year's idea list from Gentoo
> foundation? I have good knowledge on programming with java and some
> knowledge on C++ and a basic understanding about XSLT as well.

It is on the list for 2011 (1), so I guess you can apply for it.

(1) http://en.gentoo-wiki.com/wiki/Google_Summer_of_Code_2011_ideas

--
Daniel Pielmeier

Old 02-26-2011, 05:40 PM
Petteri Rty

On 02/26/2011 07:08 PM, Daniel Pielmeier wrote:
> 2011/2/21 Uditha Galgamuwa <nandun8781@gmail.com>:
>> Hi dev,
>> I am Uditha Galgamuwa from university of moratuwa,Sri Lanka.I am
>> interested in the project idea "Rewrite java-config in C++ or python" which
>> was in last year Gsoc.As I saw this project has not been implemented in Gsoc
>> 2010.Will this be available for this year's idea list from Gentoo
>> foundation? I have good knowledge on programming with java and some
>> knowledge on C++ and a basic understanding about XSLT as well.
>
> It is on the list for 2011 (1), so I guess you can apply for it.
>
> (1) http://en.gentoo-wiki.com/wiki/Google_Summer_of_Code_2011_ideas

The list started out with a copy of ideas from last year that were not
finished successfully. This means no-one might be interested in
mentoring for the projects listed there this year. It should also be
remembered that you don't need to restrict yourself to the ideas
presented there. For any further discussion I suggest reading the "Read
this first" section and noticing that there is a gentoo-soc mailing list.

Regards,
Petteri

Old 02-28-2011, 01:55 AM
Donnie Berkholz

On 20:40 Sat 26 Feb , Petteri Räty wrote:
> On 02/26/2011 07:08 PM, Daniel Pielmeier wrote:
> > 2011/2/21 Uditha Galgamuwa <nandun8781@gmail.com>:
> >> Hi dev,
> >> I am Uditha Galgamuwa from university of moratuwa,Sri Lanka.I am
> >> interested in the project idea "Rewrite java-config in C++ or python" which
> >> was in last year Gsoc.As I saw this project has not been implemented in Gsoc
> >> 2010.Will this be available for this year's idea list from Gentoo
> >> foundation? I have good knowledge on programming with java and some
> >> knowledge on C++ and a basic understanding about XSLT as well.
> >
> > It is on the list for 2011 (1), so I guess you can apply for it.
> >
> > (1) http://en.gentoo-wiki.com/wiki/Google_Summer_of_Code_2011_ideas
> >

> The list started out with a copy of ideas from last year that were not
> finished successfully.

That is partially correct but incomplete. Many of them were never even
started — just a few were started but not finished. (We had 3 out of 19
students fail, which is about the same level as the broader GSoC
program).

> This means no-one might be interested in mentoring for the projects
> listed there this year. It should also be remembered that you don't
> need to restrict yourself to the ideas presented there. For any
> further discussion I suggest reading the "Read this first" section and
> noticing that there is a gentoo-soc mailing list.

Indeed, please do join the mailing list!

We strongly encourage novel ideas beyond what's on the ideas list, but
make sure to discuss them in advance of applying so you find a mentor.

--
Thanks,
Donnie

Donnie Berkholz