Old 02-18-2011, 05:02 PM
Benedikt Böhm

Default Resigning from apache herd

Hi!

due to work and family related time shortage i'm not able to lead the
apache team any longer and have removed myself from the herd. there
are a lot of open bugs, many of them results from the various
autotools/libtool hacks added by upstream. any help is appreciated i
guess and a new apache team lead should be found/elected by the
remaining two members nelchael and trapni if they desire to still work
on apache ebuilds.

Greetings,
Bene

Old 02-25-2011, 07:23 PM
Krzysztof Pawlik

On 02/18/11 19:02, Benedikt Böhm wrote:
> due to work and family related time shortage i'm not able to lead the
> apache team any longer and have removed myself from the herd. there
> are a lot of open bugs, many of them results from the various
> autotools/libtool hacks added by upstream. any help is appreciated i
> guess and a new apache team lead should be found/elected by the
> remaining two members nelchael and trapni if they desire to still work
> on apache ebuilds.

Thanks to Benedikt's work we're in pretty good shape overall with regards to
Apache. Nevertheless we need more manpower -- there are 52 open bugs right now -
some quite easy (version bump), some slightly harder (LDFLAGS issues), we have
even some cryptic ones (hard to reproduce, etc).

If you have some time and would like to devote to keeping Apache in good shape
on Gentoo join the Apache team

--
Krzysztof Pawlik <nelchael at gentoo.org> key id: 0xF6A80E46
desktop-misc, java, vim, kernel, python, apache...