Old 02-13-2011, 06:43 PM
Fabian Groffen

Default gentoo-x86/profiles/prefix/darwin/macos/10.4/x86: make.defaults

On 13-02-2011 16:53:40 +0000, Arfrever Frehtes Taifersar Arahesis wrote:
> arfrever 11/02/13 16:53:40
>
> Modified: make.defaults
> Log:
> Don't include ${USE} in the first assignment to USE in make.defaults files to avoid incorrect interactions between enabled and disabled flags in different files.

Is there any resource you can point me to where it explains more
carefully why and when this has changed?

--
Fabian Groffen
Gentoo on a different level

Old 02-13-2011, 07:10 PM

2011-02-13 20:43:12 Fabian Groffen napisał(a):
> On 13-02-2011 16:53:40 +0000, Arfrever Frehtes Taifersar Arahesis wrote:
> > arfrever 11/02/13 16:53:40
> >
> > Modified: make.defaults
> > Log:
> > Don't include ${USE} in the first assignment to USE in make.defaults files to avoid incorrect interactions between enabled and disabled flags in different files.
>
> Is there any resource you can point me to where it explains more
> carefully why and when this has changed?

PMS
5.2.4 make.defaults
"Variables to the right of the equals sign in the form ${foo} or $foo are recognised and expanded
from variables previously set in this or earlier make.defaults files."
5.3.1 Incremental Variables
"Incremental variables must stack between parent and child profiles in the following manner:
Beginning with the highest parent profile, tokenise the variable’s value based on whitespace and
concatenate the lists. Then, for any token T beginning with a hyphen, remove it and any previous
tokens whose value is equal to T with the hyphen removed, or, if T is equal to -*, remove all
previous values. Note that because of this treatment, the order of tokens in the final result is
arbitrary, not necessarily related to the order of tokens in any given profile. The following
variables must be treated in this fashion:
• USE
• USE_EXPAND
• USE_EXPAND_HIDDEN
• CONFIG_PROTECT
• CONFIG_PROTECT_MASK"

--
Arfrever Frehtes Taifersar Arahesis

Old 02-13-2011, 07:31 PM
Fabian Groffen

On 13-02-2011 21:10:23 +0100, Arfrever Frehtes Taifersar Arahesis wrote:
> > Is there any resource you can point me to where it explains more
> > carefully why and when this has changed?
>
> PMS
> 5.2.4 make.defaults
> 5.3.1 Incremental Variables

Ok, I clearly had missed that. A long time ago I think we needed it in
order to have USE-flags retained.

Thanks

--
Fabian Groffen