Old 02-12-2011, 02:58 PM
Samuli Suominen

Default Lastrite: sys-apps/halevt

# Samuli Suominen <ssuominen@gentoo.org> (12 Feb 2011)
# Masked for removal.
# Replaced by udisks-glue, udiskie, uam or traydevice.
# You have 60 days left to migrate your configuration.
dev-libs/boolstuff
sys-apps/halevt

There would also be:

http://dev.gentoo.org/~ssuominen/uevt-2.1.ebuild

But it fails to compile against libnotify-0.7 because of vala:0.10 right
now. And fails to build against :0.12 slot that would propably solve
the libnotify issue.

If you want to take a stab at it, it's all yours.

Then there is:

http://igurublog.wordpress.com/downloads/script-devmon/

But I haven't tried it yet, and it's just a script... Not sure if it's
worth of packaging.

Either way, both are up for grabs if you used halevt before.

- Samuli

Old 02-12-2011, 03:06 PM
Samuli Suominen

On 02/12/2011 05:58 PM, Samuli Suominen wrote:
> # Samuli Suominen <ssuominen@gentoo.org> (12 Feb 2011)
> # Masked for removal.
> # Replaced by udisks-glue, udiskie, uam or traydevice.
> # You have 60 days left to migrate your configuration.
> dev-libs/boolstuff
> sys-apps/halevt
>

> There would also be:
>
> http://dev.gentoo.org/~ssuominen/uevt-2.1.ebuild
>
> But it fails to compile against libnotify-0.7 because of vala:0.10 right
> now. And fails to build against :0.12 slot that would propably solve
> the libnotify issue.
>
> If you want to take a stab at it, it's all yours.
>
> Then there is:
>
> http://igurublog.wordpress.com/downloads/script-devmon/
>
> But I haven't tried it yet, and it's just a script... Not sure if it's
> worth of packaging.
>
> Either way, both are up for grabs if you used halevt before.

In fact, all of udisks-glue, udiskie and traydevice are also up for
grabs. I only added them to replace the HAL functionality, and not
really using them... feel free to replace me (or desktop-misc herd) in
metadata.xml

- Samuli