Old 02-08-2011, 06:56 PM
Jan Kundrát

Default USE=-ipv6 in the hardened profile

Hi,
current hardened profile sets USE=-ipv6, but I wasn't able to find any
reason for that in the ChangeLogs. With the upcoming v6 frenzy, I was
wondering if we can remove that default.

With kind regards,
Jan

Old 02-09-2011, 01:15 AM
"Anthony G. Basile"

On 02/08/2011 02:56 PM, Jan Kundrát wrote:
> Hi,
> current hardened profile sets USE=-ipv6, but I wasn't able to find any
> reason for that in the ChangeLogs. With the upcoming v6 frenzy, I was
> wondering if we can remove that default.
>
> With kind regards,
> Jan

I don't know of any reason and all my hardened servers have it, so
yeah, its a good idea. Let me do some more investigating to make sure
I'm not missing anything and then I'll add it.

--
Anthony G. Basile, Ph.D.
Gentoo Developer