Old 02-07-2011, 11:44 PM
Tim Harder

Default automated testing framework for Gentoo on Supercell at the OSL

Hi all,

Is anyone interested in getting some type of automated Gentoo testing
framework setup on the new Supercell infrastructure [1] at the OSUOSL?
In a nutshell, Supercell allows projects to spin up their own VMs on
demand using Ganeti Web Manager [2].

For those who don't know, a lot of infrastructure at the OSL runs on
Gentoo (including Supercell) and there are two Gentoo devs working
full-time for the OSL so I think we have a good chance of getting access
to some of Supercell's resources if we can come up with a decent
proposal and submit a feedback form [3].

Tim

[1] http://supercell.osuosl.org/
[2] http://code.osuosl.org/projects/ganeti-webmgr
[3] http://supercell.osuosl.org/feedback

Old 02-10-2011, 10:44 PM
Markos Chandras

On Mon, Feb 07, 2011 at 04:44:10PM -0800, Tim Harder wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Is anyone interested in getting some type of automated Gentoo testing
> framework setup on the new Supercell infrastructure [1] at the OSUOSL?
> In a nutshell, Supercell allows projects to spin up their own VMs on
> demand using Ganeti Web Manager [2].
>
> For those who don't know, a lot of infrastructure at the OSL runs on
> Gentoo (including Supercell) and there are two Gentoo devs working
> full-time for the OSL so I think we have a good chance of getting access
> to some of Supercell's resources if we can come up with a decent
> proposal and submit a feedback form [3].
>
> Tim
>
> [1] http://supercell.osuosl.org/
> [2] http://code.osuosl.org/projects/ganeti-webmgr
> [3] http://supercell.osuosl.org/feedback

Hi Tim,

Yes, I would definitely be interested in having some spare vms to run
some automated tests etc. Probably other QA member would be interested
as well

Old 02-10-2011, 10:51 PM
Rich Freeman

On Thu, Feb 10, 2011 at 6:44 PM, Markos Chandras <hwoarang@gentoo.org> wrote:
> Yes, I would definitely be interested in having some spare vms to run
> some automated tests etc. Probably other QA member would be interested
> as well

I'd be really interested in something that ends up as a howto on
automated testing / tinderboxing / etc.

I know that a few have had some success in this area (most notably
Diego of course). It would be really nice if there were a
step-by-step guide for doing various types of build tests on a vm of
some kind.

Bonus points if we can somehow logically split up a whole-tree build
into segments based on dependencies and run them on parallel
instances. Of course, that will miss unexpected automagic
dependencies and collisions.

Rich

Old 02-20-2011, 11:02 PM
Enrico Weigelt

* Tim Harder <radhermit@gentoo.org> schrieb:

> Is anyone interested in getting some type of automated Gentoo testing
> framework setup on the new Supercell infrastructure [1] at the OSUOSL?
> In a nutshell, Supercell allows projects to spin up their own VMs on
> demand using Ganeti Web Manager [2].

Sounds great, I'd like to use it for my Briegel buildsystem
(not Gentoo related, somewhat similar to portage, but more for
embedded targets) running mass-buildtests.

cu

phone: +49 36207 519931 email: weigelt@metux.de
mobile: +49 151 27565287 icq: 210169427 skype: nekrad666