* Theo Chatzimichos <email@example.com>:
> For the record, Kacper told me today that every developer is allowed to touch
> ppc/ppc64 profiles. Archies that don't want others to touch their profiles
> should mention it in the devmanual. I was not aware of that, I thought that
> !arch member is not allowed to touch arch-specific profiles.
The situation is complicated:
- The devmanual reference is wrong. I wonder where it comes from.
The devmanual wasn't considered policy (mainly because it was started
by ca connection devmanual <-> policy creeps in.
- Some arch teams don't want other devs to touch "their" profiles:
"DON'T TOUCH THIS FILE. Instead, file a bug and assign it to..."
But this arch is neiter mentioned in the handbook nor in the manual:
- The devhandbook is also kind of unmaintained.
Devmanual and -handbook are waiting for a merge AFAIR.
- And there is already a stalled bug about "Developer Handbook should
document how/when to touch arch profiles' files"