Old 02-01-2011, 08:35 AM
Zeerak Mustafa Waseem

Default User defined license groups

Hey guys,

I ran with ACCEPT_LICENSE="*" for a while and a few days ago I decided to look into the licenses the programs I'm using need and read up on them, then add them manually.
I then remembered the license groups and proceeded to specify my own license group in /usr/portage/profiles/license_groups, first emerge -uDN @world worked great, all downgrades from license masking were dropped. But then I sync'ed my tree, and now my own group is gone.

So I was wondering if there is another place to specify license groups? If not, would I go to the bugzilla and file a bug for a feature request or is there another way to go about it?

--
Best Regards

Zeerak Waseem

Old 02-01-2011, 09:05 AM
Zac Medico

On 02/01/2011 01:35 AM, Zeerak Mustafa Waseem wrote:
> Hey guys,
>
> I ran with ACCEPT_LICENSE="*" for a while and a few days ago I decided to look into the licenses the programs I'm using need and read up on them, then add them manually.
> I then remembered the license groups and proceeded to specify my own license group in /usr/portage/profiles/license_groups, first emerge -uDN @world worked great, all downgrades from license masking were dropped. But then I sync'ed my tree, and now my own group is gone.
>
> So I was wondering if there is another place to specify license groups? If not, would I go to the bugzilla and file a bug for a feature request or is there another way to go about it?

It's possible to add license groups via an overlay, which means that you
can set PORTDIR_OVERLAY="${MY_OVERLAY}" in /etc/make.conf, and then
define your license groups in ${MY_OVERLAY}/profiles/license_groups.

You can go ahead and file a bug at bugs.gentoo.org if you'd like to have
support added for /etc/portage/license_groups.
--
Thanks,
Zac

Old 02-01-2011, 09:27 AM
Michał Górny

On Tue, 01 Feb 2011 02:05:49 -0800
Zac Medico <zmedico@gentoo.org> wrote:

> On 02/01/2011 01:35 AM, Zeerak Mustafa Waseem wrote:
> > Hey guys,
> >
> > I ran with ACCEPT_LICENSE="*" for a while and a few days ago I
> > decided to look into the licenses the programs I'm using need and
> > read up on them, then add them manually. I then remembered the
> > license groups and proceeded to specify my own license group
> > in /usr/portage/profiles/license_groups, first emerge -uDN @world
> > worked great, all downgrades from license masking were dropped. But
> > then I sync'ed my tree, and now my own group is gone.
> >
> > So I was wondering if there is another place to specify license
> > groups? If not, would I go to the bugzilla and file a bug for a
> > feature request or is there another way to go about it?
>
> It's possible to add license groups via an overlay, which means that
> you can set PORTDIR_OVERLAY="${MY_OVERLAY}" in /etc/make.conf, and
> then define your license groups in
> ${MY_OVERLAY}/profiles/license_groups.
>
> You can go ahead and file a bug at bugs.gentoo.org if you'd like to
> have support added for /etc/portage/license_groups.

How about /etc/portage/profile? Won't that work?

--
Best regards,
Michał Górny