Old 01-28-2011, 06:31 AM
Torsten Veller

Default Status of sparc-fbsd, amd64-fbsd

Arch teams handle KEYWORDREQ bugs too.

I have masked the only dev-lang/perl version keyworded for "sparc-fbsd"
3 weeks ago. No user, no dev complained by now (#288028).

So I think this arch (as much as amd64-fbsd) is unsupported/dead but
repoman's dependencies check reports a lot of warnings due to the "dev"
status of their profiles.

Do we want to:
- remove "amd64-fbsd" completely (affects app-doc/pms, sys-apps/grep)?
- move "sparc-fbsd"-profiles to "exp" or kill it?

--
Regards Torsten

Old 01-28-2011, 12:38 PM
Samuli Suominen

On 01/28/2011 09:31 AM, Torsten Veller wrote:
> Arch teams handle KEYWORDREQ bugs too.
>
> I have masked the only dev-lang/perl version keyworded for "sparc-fbsd"
> 3 weeks ago. No user, no dev complained by now (#288028).
>
> So I think this arch (as much as amd64-fbsd) is unsupported/dead but
> repoman's dependencies check reports a lot of warnings due to the "dev"
> status of their profiles.
>
> Do we want to:
> - move "sparc-fbsd"-profiles to "exp" or kill it?

I tried to remove ~sparc-fbsd like year ago, when there was nobody to
keyword dev-lang/python requirement dev-libs/libffi and...

There is at least one user out there, with a remote server using it.
That same user gave me and aballier access to it. Unfortunately, since
then, I've lost my logins and don't know if the server is still up.

So I think your own chance is to contact aballier, ask if he still has
access (or ask for renewed opinion for the killing)