Old 01-25-2011, 02:54 PM
"Paweł Hajdan, Jr."

Default EAPI usage in main tree

On 1/25/11 1:29 PM, Tomáš Chvátal wrote:
> Why would we need subproject for this.

The idea was that if you want to introduce a new policy, you should also
provide resources to make it possible. The below satisfies most of that.

> QA team itself is done to help developers with this tasks. So if someone
> come to #gentoo-qa and ask us to help him with his shiny eclass we won't
> sent him somewhere else where sun is not shining :P

SGTM. One additional point is that there may be rarely bumped packages
that won't be migrated "naturally", but will need an update just for the
EAPI bump, and the maintainers may just ignore this, so there should be
someone actively monitoring the progress.

> And that apply even if developer itself is not maintainer and did not
> get reply from the maintainer...

Yes, definitely.