Old 01-12-2011, 12:53 AM
Ajai Khattri

Default Sandbox violation?

--------------------------- ACCESS VIOLATION SUMMARY ---------------------------
LOG FILE "/var/log/sandbox/sandbox-24173.log"

VERSION 1.0
FORMAT: F - Function called
FORMAT: S - Access Status
FORMAT: P - Path as passed to function
FORMAT: A - Absolute Path (not canonical)
FORMAT: R - Canonical Path
FORMAT: C - Command Line

F: open_wr
S: deny
P: /usr/share/snmp/mibs/.index
A: /usr/share/snmp/mibs/.index
R: /usr/share/snmp/mibs/.index
C: /usr/bin/php-cgi -v -d session.save_path=/tmp

OK, this is a masked ebuild but what does this actually mean and how can
we fix it?

--
Ajai Khattri
Systems Admin | Web / Mobile Developer

Old 01-12-2011, 01:04 AM
Mike Frysinger

On Tuesday, January 11, 2011 20:53:13 Ajai Khattri wrote:
> VERSION 1.0
> FORMAT: F - Function called
> FORMAT: S - Access Status
> FORMAT: P - Path as passed to function
> FORMAT: A - Absolute Path (not canonical)
> FORMAT: R - Canonical Path
> FORMAT: C - Command Line

using the legend ...

> F: open_wr
> S: deny
> P: /usr/share/snmp/mibs/.index
> A: /usr/share/snmp/mibs/.index
> R: /usr/share/snmp/mibs/.index
> C: /usr/bin/php-cgi -v -d session.save_path=/tmp

... the program `/usr/bin/php-cgi -v -d session.save_path=/tmp` was executed
and it tried to write to the file "/usr/share/snmp/mibs/.index"

i imagine if you search bugzilla for that path you'll find that this might be
a common issue and not specific to php
-mike

Old 01-12-2011, 08:29 AM
Matti Bickel

On 01/12/2011 02:53 AM, Ajai Khattri wrote:
> C: /usr/bin/php-cgi -v -d session.save_path=/tmp

> OK, this is a masked ebuild but what does this actually mean and how can
> we fix it?

Which version of php is this? All php versions we (the php team)
maintain should have been fixed so this doesn't occur. We specifically
check for this path and poke a hole in the sandbox for it. If this
occurs with php-5.2.17 and/or php-5.3.5, please file a bug at
bugs.gentoo.org about it.