Old 01-09-2011, 11:00 AM
Kfir Lavi

Default RDEPEND gentoo-sources or any linux sources don't work

Hi,
I have created an ebuild that build for me a small system.
The RDEPEND has required packages. This works fine and when I emerge this ebuild,
all the "dependencies" are installed.

When I add
sys-kernel/gentoo-sources
or
=sys-kernel/vanilla-sources-2.6.28
Emerge just ignore this dependency and install all the other packages.
Is there any mechanism that portage ignore kernel sources as a dependency?

Regards,
Kfir

Old 01-09-2011, 02:04 PM
Zac Medico

On 01/09/2011 04:00 AM, Kfir Lavi wrote:
> Hi,
> I have created an ebuild that build for me a small system.
> The RDEPEND has required packages. This works fine and when I emerge this
> ebuild,
> all the "dependencies" are installed.
> When I add
> sys-kernel/gentoo-sources
> or
> =sys-kernel/vanilla-sources-2.6.28
> Emerge just ignore this dependency and install all the other packages.
> Is there any mechanism that portage ignore kernel sources as a dependency?

My first guess it that you have packages that satisfy those dependencies
inside /etc/portage/profile/package.provided.

If that's not the case, then I'd suggest to file a bug at
bugs.gentoo.org and post emerge --pretend --debug output for the command
that is not pulling in the expected dependencies.
--
Thanks,
Zac

Old 01-09-2011, 03:05 PM
Kfir Lavi

On Sun, Jan 9, 2011 at 5:04 PM, Zac Medico <zmedico@gentoo.org> wrote:

On 01/09/2011 04:00 AM, Kfir Lavi wrote:

> Hi,

> I have created an ebuild that build for me a small system.

> The RDEPEND has required packages. This works fine and when I emerge this

> ebuild,

> all the "dependencies" are installed.

> When I add

> sys-kernel/gentoo-sources

> or

> =sys-kernel/vanilla-sources-2.6.28

> Emerge just ignore this dependency and install all the other packages.

> Is there any mechanism that portage ignore kernel sources as a dependency?

My first guess it that you have packages that satisfy those dependencies

inside /etc/portage/profile/package.provided.

If that's not the case, then I'd suggest to file a bug at

bugs.gentoo.org and post emerge --pretend --debug output for the command

that is not pulling in the expected dependencies.

--

Thanks,

Zac

It seems like problem like you stated.
It did grab the kernel, in a middle of new install.
I still haven't traced why this happening.

Is there a flag that I can emerge with, to see the decisions of portage?

Regards,
Kfir

Old 01-09-2011, 03:12 PM
Kfir Lavi

On 01/09/2011 04:00 AM, Kfir Lavi wrote:

> Hi,

> I have created an ebuild that build for me a small system.

> The RDEPEND has required packages. This works fine and when I emerge this

> ebuild,

> all the "dependencies" are installed.

> When I add

> sys-kernel/gentoo-sources

> or

> =sys-kernel/vanilla-sources-2.6.28

> Emerge just ignore this dependency and install all the other packages.

> Is there any mechanism that portage ignore kernel sources as a dependency?

My first guess it that you have packages that satisfy those dependencies

inside /etc/portage/profile/package.provided.

If that's not the case, then I'd suggest to file a bug at

bugs.gentoo.org and post emerge --pretend --debug output for the command

that is not pulling in the expected dependencies.

--

Thanks,

Zac

It seems like problem like you stated.
It did grab the kernel, in a middle of new install.
I still haven't traced why this happening.

Is there a flag that I can emerge with, to see the decisions of portage?

Regards,
Kfir

Ok,
Deleting the target directory, and running again the ebuild, resulted linux was grabbed by the ebuild.
I don't know why it was like that before.

Regards,
Kfir

Old 01-09-2011, 04:21 PM
ross smith

On 01/09/2011 04:00 AM, Kfir Lavi wrote:

> Hi,

> I have created an ebuild that build for me a small system.

> The RDEPEND has required packages. This works fine and when I emerge this

> ebuild,

> all the "dependencies" are installed.

> When I add

> sys-kernel/gentoo-sources

> or

> =sys-kernel/vanilla-sources-2.6.28

> Emerge just ignore this dependency and install all the other packages.

> Is there any mechanism that portage ignore kernel sources as a dependency?

My first guess it that you have packages that satisfy those dependencies

inside /etc/portage/profile/package.provided.

If that's not the case, then I'd suggest to file a bug at

bugs.gentoo.org and post emerge --pretend --debug output for the command

that is not pulling in the expected dependencies.

--

Thanks,

Zac

It seems like problem like you stated.
It did grab the kernel, in a middle of new install.
I still haven't traced why this happening.

Is there a flag that I can emerge with, to see the decisions of portage?

Regards,
Kfir

Ok,
Deleting the target directory, and running again the ebuild, resulted linux was grabbed by the ebuild.
I don't know why it was like that before.

Regards,
Kfir

*If you're using the ebuild command you need to have it clean the directory after you have changed the ebuild (ie, ebuild foobar.ebuild clean). *Otherwise, the system will use the cached ebuild and environment.*

Best,Ross

Old 01-09-2011, 04:56 PM
Duncan

Kfir Lavi posted on Sun, 09 Jan 2011 18:05:18 +0200 as excerpted:

> It did grab the kernel, in a middle of new install.
> I still haven't traced why this happening.
>
> Is there a flag that I can emerge with, to see the decisions of portage?

emerge --pretend --tree (and maybe --emptytree and/or --deep depending on
what you're intention is)?

There's also the --debug option. Check the manpage... (and the user list
is likely more appropriate for stuff like this).