Old 12-27-2010, 08:41 AM
Avi Kivity

Default RFE: mount newly formatted volumes with barrier=0

If Anaconda has just formatted a volume, we know that there is no data
on that volume that can be lost. We can therefore mount it, for the
duration of the installation, with barriers disabled (and make other
tradeoffs in the performance/integrity equation, like using
data=writeback for ext4).

The installed image should enable barriers as usual.

The result would be faster installation, and thus a better user experience.