Old 01-03-2011, 01:38 PM
Kfir Lavi

Default Can a bash script source ebuild functions?

Hi,
I would like to adapt my script that I run in the post install section inside an ebuild, to source some functions like elog and such.

Is it possible?

Regards,
Kfir

Old 01-03-2011, 01:46 PM
Samuli Suominen

On 01/03/2011 04:38 PM, Kfir Lavi wrote:
> Hi,
> I would like to adapt my script that I run in the post install section
> inside an ebuild, to source some functions like elog and such.
>
> Is it possible?
>
> Regards,
> Kfir

I don't know about elog, but you can get einfo with:

#!/bin/bash

. /etc/init.d/functions.sh

einfo "foobar"

Old 01-03-2011, 03:14 PM
Kfir Lavi

On Mon, Jan 3, 2011 at 4:46 PM, Samuli Suominen <ssuominen@gentoo.org> wrote:

On 01/03/2011 04:38 PM, Kfir Lavi wrote:

> Hi,

> I would like to adapt my script that I run in the post install section

> inside an ebuild, to source some functions like elog and such.

> Is it possible?

> Regards,

> Kfir

I don't know about elog, but you can get einfo with:

#!/bin/bash

. /etc/init.d/functions.sh

einfo "foobar"

Yep, thanks.