Old 12-24-2010, 12:47 AM
Rafael Goncalves Martins

Default anion3 - an ion3 fork

Hi all,

some of you may remember that almost all the Linux distributions had
problems with the ion3 (a famous tiling tabbed X11 window manager)
developer (Tuomo Valkonen) and his weird license clauses, that was
becoming impossible to maintain packages for ion3. Some time ago Tuomo
abandoned the development of ion3 and removed the problematic clauses
from the license, giving rise to some nice forks.

I'd like to add anion3 [1] to gentoo-x86, that's one of the forks,
licensed with GPL-2, according to its authors.

Objections?

[1] http://code.google.com/p/anion3/

Regards,.

--
Rafael Goncalves Martins
Gentoo Linux developer

Old 12-24-2010, 02:38 AM
Mike Frysinger

On Thursday, December 23, 2010 20:47:29 Rafael Goncalves Martins wrote:
> I'd like to add anion3 [1] to gentoo-x86, that's one of the forks,
> licensed with GPL-2, according to its authors.
>
> Objections?

if you're going to be maintaining the package, you really dont need to ask
permission. there are very few things disallowed in the tree.
-mike