Old 12-22-2010, 09:33 AM
Helmut Jarausch

Default ebuild for python-dev package - need some help

Hi,
I'd like to build a package dev-python/pyparsing-9999
This has worked early, but anyhow it stopped working after
upgrading to Python-2.7.1 previously.
The package is unpacked into
/var/tmp/portage/dev-python/pyparsing-9999/work/pyparsing-9999
which contains the folders
doc examples and src.
And setup.py is contained in src.
My attempt (see below) fails with
python2.7 setup.py build -b build-2.7
python2.7: can't open file 'setup.py': [Errno 2] No such file or
directory

Any help is very much appreciated,
Helmut.

Here my attempt:

EAPI="3"
SUPPORT_PYTHON_ABIS="1"
inherit distutils eutils subversion

DESCRIPTION="pyparsing is an easy-to-use Python module for text
parsing"
HOMEPAGE="http://pyparsing.wikispaces.com/"

ESVN_REPO_URI="https://pyparsing.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/
pyparsing/"
ESVN_PROJECT="${PN}"

LICENSE="MIT"
SLOT="0"
KEYWORDS="~alpha ~amd64 ~ia64 ~ppc ~sparc ~x86"
IUSE="doc examples"

S="${WORKDIR}/pyparsing-9999"

src-compile() {
cd "${WORKDIR}/pyparsing-9999/src"
distutils_src_compile
}

src_install() {
cd "${WORKDIR}/pyparsing-9999/src"
distutils_src_install

dohtml HowToUsePyparsing.html
dodoc CHANGES

if use doc; then
dohtml -r htmldoc/*
insinto /usr/share/doc/${PF}
doins docs/*.pdf
fi

if use examples; then
insinto /usr/share/doc/${PF}
doins -r examples
fi
}

--
Helmut Jarausch
Lehrstuhl fuer Numerische Mathematik

Old 12-22-2010, 09:40 AM
justin

On 22/12/10 11:33, Helmut Jarausch wrote:
Hello Helmut,

we have a seperate list for helping on development of ebuild,
gentoo-devhelp. Please send questions like this to this list.

> Here my attempt:
>
> EAPI="3"
PYTHON_DEPEND="2"
> SUPPORT_PYTHON_ABIS="1"
> inherit distutils eutils subversion
>
> DESCRIPTION="pyparsing is an easy-to-use Python module for text
> parsing"
> HOMEPAGE="http://pyparsing.wikispaces.com/"
>
> ESVN_REPO_URI="https://pyparsing.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/
> pyparsing/"
> ESVN_PROJECT="${PN}"
>

> LICENSE="MIT"
> SLOT="0"
> KEYWORDS="~alpha ~amd64 ~ia64 ~ppc ~sparc ~x86"
> IUSE="doc examples"
>
> S="${WORKDIR}/pyparsing-9999"
S="${WORKDIR}/${P}/src"

> src-compile() {
> cd "${WORKDIR}/pyparsing-9999/src"
> distutils_src_compile
> }
Not needed if ${S} is defined correctly

> src_install() {
> cd "${WORKDIR}/pyparsing-9999/src"
Not needed either.
> distutils_src_install

cd ${S}/..
> dohtml HowToUsePyparsing.html
> dodoc CHANGES
>
> if use doc; then
> dohtml -r htmldoc/*
> insinto /usr/share/doc/${PF}
> doins docs/*.pdf
> fi
>
> if use examples; then
> insinto /usr/share/doc/${PF}
> doins -r examples
> fi
> }

justin

Old 12-22-2010, 09:42 AM
Dirkjan Ochtman

On Wed, Dec 22, 2010 at 11:40, justin <jlec@gentoo.org> wrote:
> we have a seperate list for helping on development of ebuild,
> gentoo-devhelp. Please send questions like this to this list.

That's good advice. You may also want to ask for help in
#gentoo-python on IRC, or file a bug about this (if there isn't one
already).

Cheers,

Dirkjan

Old 12-22-2010, 09:56 AM