Old 12-20-2010, 04:06 PM
Jeremy Olexa

Default net-misc/wicd (+deps) needs new maintainer

Pretty well used app, I feel. I just don't have extremely mobile laptops
anymore..and not much motivation to maintain this app.

Many open bugs that could use fixing, upstream is slow to make new
releases. The person responsible for wicd, gets the following list:

x11-misc/ktsuss
dev-python/python-iwscan
dev-python/python-wpactrl
net-misc/wicd

-Jeremy

Old 12-20-2010, 04:28 PM
Thomas Kahle

On 11:06 Mon 20 Dec , Jeremy Olexa wrote:
> Pretty well used app, I feel. I just don't have extremely mobile laptops
> anymore..and not much motivation to maintain this app.

I have both, where should I sign? Added myself as maintainer, will look
at the boogs after the holidays.

Cheers,
Thomas

--
Thomas Kahle
http://dev.gentoo.org/~tomka/

Old 12-20-2010, 05:54 PM
Dane Smith

Old 12-20-2010, 10:52 PM
Jeremy Olexa

Pretty well used app, I feel. I just don't have extremely mobile laptops
anymore..and not much motivation to maintain this app.

I have both, where should I sign? Added myself as maintainer, will look
at the boogs after the holidays.

Thanks Thomas. Feel free to ask me questions about the package(s).
-Jeremy

Cheers,
Thomas

Old 12-21-2010, 06:35 AM
Thomas Kahle

Hi,

On 13:54 Mon 20 Dec , Dane Smith wrote:
> Thomas,
> I'm willing to help out too if you can use the extra set of hands. Let
> me know if you'd like the help and I'll add myself as a maintainer as well.

Feel free to fix bugs or add yourself too, no territoriality from my
side.
Cheers,
Thomas

--