Old 12-01-2010, 02:30 AM
Diego Elio Pettenò

Default Please test what you bump

Hi guys,

Since I just committed a rewritten ebuild for a package that was
absolutely broken in tree, I'm going to ask this nicely.

Please test what you bump.

If you cannot test it entirely because you lack the hardware, track down
somebody who does, or simply leave it alone until somebody actually asks
you about it because they care, in that case they are likely to have the
hardware to test.

When I find a package bumped in 2009 by random developers, after two
years without a dedicated maintainer, and I find no dependency info,
non-bound USE flags, and an init script with a "need" dependency not to
be found in the (well, missing) dependencies, it really doesn't make me
feel tremendously happy.

Thank you very much,
--
Diego Elio Pettenò — “Flameeyes”
http://blog.flameeyes.eu/

If you found a .asc file in this mail and know not what it is,
it's a GnuPG digital signature: http://www.gnupg.org/