Old 11-30-2010, 03:43 PM
justin

Default RFC gcc vs icc/ifc

Hi all,

gcc is in CAT sys-devel, where icc/ifc are in dev-lang. They are both
c/fortran compilers. Shouldn't we move icc/ifc to sys-devel?

cheers justin

Old 11-30-2010, 03:52 PM
Diego Elio Pettenò

Il giorno mar, 30/11/2010 alle 17.43 +0100, justin ha scritto:

> gcc is in CAT sys-devel, where icc/ifc are in dev-lang. They are both
> c/fortran compilers. Shouldn't we move icc/ifc to sys-devel?

No, it's not a system package. You don't need icc/ifc, you do need gcc
(for how Gentoo is structured).

Please let's not keep adding stuff to sys-* when it's not really
required for the system.

FWIW personally I'm not happy with having llvm there either. But I'd
also avoid pointless pkgmoves…

--
Diego Elio Pettenò — “Flameeyes”
http://blog.flameeyes.eu/

If you found a .asc file in this mail and know not what it is,
it's a GnuPG digital signature: http://www.gnupg.org/