Old 11-25-2007, 05:54 AM
Alin Năstac

Default Good-bye

Seemant Kulleen wrote:
> The time has finally come for me to resign from Gentoo.
A sad day for Gentoo :-(
May the Force be with you!

Old 11-25-2007, 10:55 AM
Roy Bamford

On 2007.11.24 17:39, Seemant Kulleen wrote:
> Dear Gentoo Devs and Users,
>
> The time has finally come for me to resign from Gentoo. [snip]
> Thanks,
>
> Seemant

Seemant,

Take care and good luck to you and yours for the future.

Regards,

Roy Bamford
(NeddySeagoon)

Old 11-25-2007, 11:56 AM
Wernfried Haas

On Sat, Nov 24, 2007 at 12:39:20PM -0500, Seemant Kulleen wrote:
> Effective Monday, Nov. 26, I will no longer consider
> myself an official Gentoo developer.

Well, i hope you'll consider yourself a retired Gentoo
developer. ;-)

Good luck to you in the future!

cheers,
Wernfried

--
Wernfried Haas (amne) - amne (at) gentoo.org
Gentoo Forums - http://forums.gentoo.org

Old 11-25-2007, 02:31 PM
"Sven Vermeulen"

On Nov 24, 2007 6:39 PM, Seemant Kulleen <seemant@gentoo.org> wrote:
> The time has finally come for me to resign from Gentoo. I've been
> meaning to do it for many months now, but the logistics took a little
> bit of time.

Seemant

Good luck with your future endeavors. If you ever come over to
Belgium, be sure to contact me so I can guide you around a bit and we
can have a nice talk with some good beers ;-) It seems like Gentoo is
undergoing a generation switch - many of the elderly are taking on
less responsibilities (or even retire) to give place to the energetic
new developers ;-)

Anyway, have fun and we'll sure see you around!

Wkr,
Sven Vermeulen

Old 11-25-2007, 05:37 PM
Seemant Kulleen

I wanted to add this bit of info, sorry:

Despite my efforts, I've been unable to find any replacements to take
over kerberos maintenance. Obviously, heimdal has been unmaintained for
even longer, but mit-krb5 is now orphaned as well. I would encourage
interested devs or interested users to see about taking care of those
packages.

Thanks,

Seemant

Old 11-25-2007, 06:17 PM
Christian Heim

On 24/11/07 12:39 -0500, Seemant Kulleen wrote:
> Dear Gentoo Devs and Users,
>
> The time has finally come for me to resign from Gentoo. I've been
> meaning to do it for many months now, but the logistics took a little
> bit of time. Effective Monday, Nov. 26, I will no longer consider
> myself an official Gentoo developer. Before then I will make commits to
> two or so packages for which James Rowe is the official maintainer and I
> was his proxy. Justin Bronder (jsbronder) has agreed to take over the
> proxy maintainership for them.
>
> I've been here a long time and I've made many many friends (and, I
> suppose, a few enemies). For both, I'm grateful. There are too many
> people to thank -- you all know who you are :P.

Dear Grandpa (yes, yes .. I know Neddy is even older then you!), I'd
really like to thank you for all the things you helped me with (and you
helped a lot).

I'd like to wish you all the best from the bottom of my heart for your
further adventures. Above all, have fun!

Regards,

Christian

Old 11-25-2007, 07:48 PM
Sune Kloppenborg Jeppesen

On Sunday 25 November 2007, Seemant Kulleen wrote:
> I wanted to add this bit of info, sorry:
>
> Despite my efforts, I've been unable to find any replacements to take
> over kerberos maintenance. Obviously, heimdal has been unmaintained for
> even longer, but mit-krb5 is now orphaned as well. I would encourage
> interested devs or interested users to see about taking care of those
> packages.
I bet the security team would also be grateful for someone taking care of
kerberos.

Best of luck to you Seemant.

--
Sune Kloppenborg Jeppesen
Gentoo Linux Security Team

Old 11-27-2007, 05:51 AM
Peter Weller

On Sun, 2007-11-25 at 16:31 +0100, Sven Vermeulen wrote:
> It seems like Gentoo is
> undergoing a generation switch - many of the elderly are taking on
> less responsibilities (or even retire) to give place to the energetic
> new developers ;-)
Yay for kids!

Bai bai seemant I don't think I ever got to know you as well as a
probably should've... Too busy being a kid, I suppose :P

welp

Old 11-28-2007, 10:51 PM
Gustavo Felisberto

There is no away to describe the amount of fun it has been working with you and
reading your inputs into the future of Gentoo. I hope you will continue to keep
your eyes open for this children of yours.

Best of luck for you future endeavors.

--
Gustavo Felisberto
(HumpBack)

Old 12-25-2007, 06:51 AM
Shyam Mani

Seemant Kulleen wrote:

> Dear Gentoo Devs and Users,
> The time has finally come for me to resign from Gentoo. I've been

Seemant,

Thanks a lot for everything you've done for Gentoo. It's been really
amazing to have you around and you'll be missed. Take care my friend and
do stick around on IRC.

PS : Aam chahiye kya?

Note : The above line means "Do you want a Mango?" in Hindi. If any of
you *ever* meet Seemant, don't forget to ask him this

May the force be with you!

--
Shyam Mani | <fox2mike@gentoo.org>
docs-team | http://gdp.gentoo.org