-   -   Add USE_EXPAND for apache (http://www.linux-archive.org/gentoo-development/4505-add-use_expand-apache.html)

Josh Saddler 11-25-2007 03:33 AM

Add USE_EXPAND for apache

Benedikt Böhm wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> the current behaviour of the apache ebuild -- chosing built-in modules based
> on /etc/apache2/apache-builtin-mods -- is very aweful, especially for binary
> packages.
>
> Therefore, i would like to add APACHE2_MODULES and APACHE2_MPMS to USE_EXPAND.
> I have already converted the ebuild in my local overlay and it works fine.
>
> Currently, there are over 60 modules available in apache. Out of these, a good
> default would look like this IMO:
>
> APACHE2_MODULES="actions alias auth_basic auth_digest authn_alias authn_anon
> authn_dbm authn_default authn_file authz_dbm authz_default authz_groupfile
> authz_host authz_owner authz_user autoindex cache dav dav_fs dav_lock deflate
> dir disk_cache env expires ext_filter file_cache filter headers include info
> log_config logio mem_cache mime mime_magic negotiation rewrite setenvif
> speling status unique_id userdir usertrack version vhost_alias"
>
> If noone objects, I will make these changes to base/make.defaults and commit
> the new ebuild during the next week.

If this goes through, please look over our existing apache-related
documentation and file a bug with any necessary changes.

[1] http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/apache-upgrading.xml
[2] http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/virt-mail-howto.xml, mostly chapter 9
[3] http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/apache-troubleshooting.xml

Thanks!

Josh Saddler 11-29-2007 07:46 AM

Add USE_EXPAND for apache

Josh Saddler wrote:
> Benedikt Böhm wrote:
>>
> If this goes through, please look over our existing apache-related
> documentation and file a bug with any necessary changes.

I updated our documentation, thanks to the massive patch sent my way by
hollow. (Thanks, Benedikt!)

As mentioned in an email to hollow though, I notice that "speling" is
listed in the variables, but it is itself misspelled -- it should be
"spelling". ;)

Benedikt Böhm 11-29-2007 10:19 AM

Add USE_EXPAND for apache

On Thursday 29 November 2007 09:46:01 Josh Saddler wrote:
> Josh Saddler wrote:
> > Benedikt Böhm wrote:
> >
> > If this goes through, please look over our existing apache-related
> > documentation and file a bug with any necessary changes.
>
> I updated our documentation, thanks to the massive patch sent my way by
> hollow. (Thanks, Benedikt!)
>
> As mentioned in an email to hollow though, I notice that "speling" is
> listed in the variables, but it is itself misspelled -- it should be
> "spelling". ;)

Well, the name is mod_speling unfortunately :)

Josh Saddler 11-29-2007 07:53 PM

Add USE_EXPAND for apache

Benedikt Böhm wrote:
> On Thursday 29 November 2007 09:46:01 Josh Saddler wrote:
>> As mentioned in an email to hollow though, I notice that "speling" is
>> listed in the variables, but it is itself misspelled -- it should be
>> "spelling". ;)
>
> Well, the name is mod_speling unfortunately :)

Ack! Say it ain't so! Crazy upstream . . .