-   -   timezone tweaks (http://www.linux-archive.org/gentoo-development/448198-timezone-tweaks.html)

Ales Kozumplik 11-04-2010 06:03 PM

timezone tweaks

The first patch is obvious.

The second one, the one liner, took me all afternoon: the problem is
that whenever the screen was entered the correct city was selected but
not visible in the treeview, kindof like a one-off error in GTK:

http://akozumpl.fedorapeople.org/tz_scroll_bad.png
http://akozumpl.fedorapeople.org/tz_scroll_good.png

I later found out this doesn't happen if TZ is the very first screen
displayed, or more specifically whenever self.window.show() is called in
gui.py before loading and creating the TZ widget. I am also able to
reproduce this with different window.show() combinations (window being
the containing window) locally, outside of Anaconda.

Therefore, assuming this is another GTK synchronicity/sizing-estimation
weirdness, I propose a patch that sets the selection upon the first
rendering instead.

(Nils, you are CCed just FYI in case you encounter a similar problem too.)

Ales

Ales Kozumplik 11-04-2010 06:10 PM

timezone tweaks