Old 11-04-2010, 05:03 PM
Fabian Groffen

Default Policy about adding prefix keywords

On 04-11-2010 18:00:10 +0100, Markus Duft wrote:
> I'm currently doing keywording of ebuilds for ~x86-interix prefix. Now
> my question is: what's the current policy about committing prefix
> keywords (and only keywords, no patches) to the gentoo-x86 tree.
> Should I check back with maintainers, as with patches, or can i go
> ahead and commit those?

Keywords are an arch team thing, and you're your own arch team for
interix, so you're free to add those keywords to any ebuild.

> A second thing: I'm doing the keywording (and possibly patching)
> against the latest versions available from the gx86 tree, which may
> not necessarily match with versions from the prefix tree, if the
> package is still in there. How should i go about merging those
> changes? Update the prefix tree and apply them there? Commit the
> changes to gx86, so both versions support prefix, but the one in gx86
> only interix?

I don't really understand what you want. If the package is in the
prefix tree, it needs to be migrated to gx86. If at the same time of
migrating, you also add interix stuff, then that's fine with me, as
long as the maintainer is. Of course, you need to take care that you
bring over all necessary changes, remove the package from the prefix
tree, and add it to the whitelist.txt file.

--
Fabian Groffen
Gentoo on a different level