Old 11-03-2010, 06:32 AM
Torsten Veller

Default Maintainer needed for app-portage/flagedit app-portage/profuse dev-util/libconf

Moin,

is anybody interested to maintain the following packages?
| app-admin/config_confd
| app-portage/flagedit
| app-portage/profuse
| dev-util/libconf

If nobody is interested, I'll mask them for removal in one week.

https://bugs.gentoo.org/buglist.cgi?quicksearch=app-admin/config_confd,app-portage/flagedit,app-portage/profuse,dev-util/libconf

--
Regards

Old 11-03-2010, 12:48 PM
Michał Górny

On Wed, 3 Nov 2010 08:32:07 +0100
Torsten Veller <tove@gentoo.org> wrote:

> If nobody is interested, I'll mask them for removal in one week.

If nobody is interested indeed, I'd appreciate a longer removal period
as I'm currently working on a replacement script, called flaggie [1].

Although it can be considered working already, I'd like to polish it
a little and implement the basic feature set before the first release.

[1] http://github.com/mgorny/flaggie

--
Best regards,
Michał Górny

Old 11-03-2010, 01:29 PM
Tomáš Chvátal

Old 11-03-2010, 01:35 PM
Michał Górny

Old 11-03-2010, 02:41 PM
Domen Kožar

Just wondering, why did you abuse classes that badly and hack way
through optparse? If it limits your needs you might want to take a look
at argparse.

Domen

Old 11-03-2010, 02:55 PM
Michał Górny

On Wed, 03 Nov 2010 16:41:46 +0100
Domen Kožar <domen@dev.si> wrote:

> Just wondering, why did you abuse classes that badly and hack way
> through optparse? If it limits your needs you might want to take a
> look at argparse.

With classes, I hope to clean that up a little soon. My ideas changed
a little during the project development (especially that it was started
some time ago already and left unmaintained for a while) and first I'd
like to make everything working and then start cleaning up what will
remain unclean.

And for argparse, I wasn't aware of it when the option parsing code was
written. And right now, I still don't see a reason to use it.
Especially that I would need to care about additional dependencies for
python:2.6.

--
Best regards,
Michał Górny

Old 11-05-2010, 07:56 AM
Torsten Veller

* Michał Górny <mgorny@gentoo.org>:
> Torsten Veller <tove@gentoo.org> wrote:
>
> > If nobody is interested, I'll mask them for removal in one week.
>
> If nobody is interested indeed, I'd appreciate a longer removal period

Longer than the typical 30 days?

Alternatively I can move the packages from the perl herd to
maintainer-needed and we wait until the replacement is finished...

--
Regards Torsten

Old 11-05-2010, 10:42 AM
Michał Górny

On Fri, 5 Nov 2010 09:56:44 +0100
Torsten Veller <tove@gentoo.org> wrote:

> * Michał Górny <mgorny@gentoo.org>:
> > Torsten Veller <tove@gentoo.org> wrote:
> >
> > > If nobody is interested, I'll mask them for removal in one week.
> >
> > If nobody is interested indeed, I'd appreciate a longer removal
> > period
>
> Longer than the typical 30 days?

Ah, I misunderstood 'one week' there. 30 days are completely fine, and
if that week meant the time before the mask is applied, I think I'll be
able to do at least a pre-release to fill in the mask description.

--
Best regards,
Michał Górny