Old 11-01-2010, 07:54 AM
Hanno Böck

Default la-file removal and "|| die"

Just stepped upon a bug on a .la-file-removal-action that I'd like to share so
others don't repeat that bug if we'll soon mass-add la-file-removal-code to
ebuilds.

file-roller-2.32.0.ebuild has these lines:

find "${ED}"usr/$(get_libdir)/nautilus -name "*.la" -delete
|| die "la file removal failed"

This will die if the directory in place is not found. Unfortunately, this can
be the case here as file-roller has a use-flag "nautilus" and the above
directory only get's created if this flag is set.

I don't know if there's any valid reason to add || die to the la-file-removal-
command. Anyway, the already proposed eutils-function for lafile-removal would
probably be the best way to avoid such problems for good.

--
Hanno Böck Blog: http://www.hboeck.de/
GPG: 3DBD3B20 Jabber/Mail: hanno@hboeck.de