FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor

Go Back   Linux Archive > Gentoo > Gentoo Development

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 10-25-2010, 02:31 PM
Petteri Rńty
 
Default gentoo-x86 commit in eclass: python.eclass

On 10/25/2010 02:54 PM, Arfrever Frehtes Taifersar Arahesis (arfrever)
wrote:
> arfrever 10/10/25 11:54:19
>
> Modified: python.eclass
> Log:
> Set IUSE in EAPI >=4.
> Rename _parse_PYTHON_DEPEND() to _python_parse_PYTHON_DEPEND() and unset it after its using.
> Ban NEED_PYTHON variable.
> Add python_abi_depend().
> Fix exporting of python_pkg_setup() in EAPI >=4.
>

Please revert these until council has approved EAPI 4 for main tree
usage or risk the consequences. There is no guarantee that IUSE will be
in EAPI 4 although it's likely. If you want such pre-emptive actions in
the main tree you should seek our approval first.

Regards,
Petteri
 
Old 10-25-2010, 03:13 PM
Arfrever Frehtes Taifersar Arahesis
 
Default gentoo-x86 commit in eclass: python.eclass

2010-10-25 16:31:41 Petteri R├Ąty napisa┼é(a):
> On 10/25/2010 02:54 PM, Arfrever Frehtes Taifersar Arahesis (arfrever)
> wrote:
> > arfrever 10/10/25 11:54:19
> >
> > Modified: python.eclass
> > Log:
> > Set IUSE in EAPI >=4.
> > Rename _parse_PYTHON_DEPEND() to _python_parse_PYTHON_DEPEND() and unset it after its using.
> > Ban NEED_PYTHON variable.
> > Add python_abi_depend().
> > Fix exporting of python_pkg_setup() in EAPI >=4.
> >
>
> Please revert these until council has approved EAPI 4 for main tree
> usage or risk the consequences. There is no guarantee that IUSE will be
> in EAPI 4 although it's likely. If you want such pre-emptive actions in
> the main tree you should seek our approval first.

python.eclass doesn't support EAPI="4" due to:

if ! has "${EAPI:-0}" 0 1 2 3; then
die "API of python.eclass in EAPI="${EAPI}" not established"
fi

The attached patch could be applied if EAPI="4" doesn't contain support for "." in IUSE.
Should I apply this patch now?

--
Arfrever Frehtes Taifersar Arahesis
 
Old 10-25-2010, 03:21 PM
Ciaran McCreesh
 
Default gentoo-x86 commit in eclass: python.eclass

On Mon, 25 Oct 2010 17:13:00 +0200
Arfrever Frehtes Taifersar Arahesis <Arfrever@gentoo.org> wrote:
> The attached patch could be applied if EAPI="4" doesn't contain
> support for "." in IUSE. Should I apply this patch now?

You should stop guessing what will or will not be in EAPI 4 and just
not commit anything EAPI 4 related until EAPI 4 is approved.

--
Ciaran McCreesh
 
Old 10-25-2010, 03:29 PM
Petteri R├Ąty
 
Default gentoo-x86 commit in eclass: python.eclass

On 10/25/2010 06:13 PM, Arfrever Frehtes Taifersar Arahesis wrote:
> 2010-10-25 16:31:41 Petteri R├Ąty napisa┼é(a):
>> On 10/25/2010 02:54 PM, Arfrever Frehtes Taifersar Arahesis (arfrever)
>> wrote:
>>> arfrever 10/10/25 11:54:19
>>>
>>> Modified: python.eclass
>>> Log:
>>> Set IUSE in EAPI >=4.
>>> Rename _parse_PYTHON_DEPEND() to _python_parse_PYTHON_DEPEND() and unset it after its using.
>>> Ban NEED_PYTHON variable.
>>> Add python_abi_depend().
>>> Fix exporting of python_pkg_setup() in EAPI >=4.
>>>
>>
>> Please revert these until council has approved EAPI 4 for main tree
>> usage or risk the consequences. There is no guarantee that IUSE will be
>> in EAPI 4 although it's likely. If you want such pre-emptive actions in
>> the main tree you should seek our approval first.
>
> python.eclass doesn't support EAPI="4" due to:
>
> if ! has "${EAPI:-0}" 0 1 2 3; then
> die "API of python.eclass in EAPI="${EAPI}" not established"
> fi
>

All the more reason not to have the code there as no-one would be
testing it any way.

Regards,
Petteri
 
Old 10-26-2010, 12:52 AM
"Jorge Manuel B. S. Vicetto"
 
Default gentoo-x86 commit in eclass: python.eclass

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Hash: SHA1

On 25-10-2010 15:13, Arfrever Frehtes Taifersar Arahesis wrote:
> 2010-10-25 16:31:41 Petteri R├Ąty napisa┼é(a):
>> On 10/25/2010 02:54 PM, Arfrever Frehtes Taifersar Arahesis (arfrever)
>> wrote:
>>> arfrever 10/10/25 11:54:19
>>>
>>> Modified: python.eclass
>>> Log:
>>> Set IUSE in EAPI >=4.
>>> Rename _parse_PYTHON_DEPEND() to _python_parse_PYTHON_DEPEND() and unset it after its using.
>>> Ban NEED_PYTHON variable.
>>> Add python_abi_depend().
>>> Fix exporting of python_pkg_setup() in EAPI >=4.
>>>
>>
>> Please revert these until council has approved EAPI 4 for main tree
>> usage or risk the consequences. There is no guarantee that IUSE will be
>> in EAPI 4 although it's likely. If you want such pre-emptive actions in
>> the main tree you should seek our approval first.
>
> python.eclass doesn't support EAPI="4" due to:
>
> if ! has "${EAPI:-0}" 0 1 2 3; then
> die "API of python.eclass in EAPI="${EAPI}" not established"
> fi
>
> The attached patch could be applied if EAPI="4" doesn't contain support for "." in IUSE.
> Should I apply this patch now?

Arfrever,

as others have noted, no ebuild or eclass may be committed to the tree
using or supporting an EAPI until it has been approved as an official
EAPI by the Council.
Please revert any bits about this ASAP.

@python:

If Arfrever isn't around to do it, please take the initiative.

@QA:

If neither Arfrever nor python are around to do it, please use your
privileges to revert this commit.

- --
Regards,

Jorge Vicetto (jmbsvicetto) - jmbsvicetto at gentoo dot org
Gentoo- forums / Userrel / Devrel / KDE / Elections / RelEng
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v2.0.16 (GNU/Linux)
Comment: Using GnuPG with Mozilla - http://enigmail.mozdev.org/

iQIcBAEBAgAGBQJMxiZUAAoJEC8ZTXQF1qEPXBsP/RtuxnGcaAc+Kl7if4ioUloY
zkW8ZvBC8AKRujH7Gedz0kHIqYtn1d+xjT3o5yJMaHDQJXBYOQ ezkGUk6HcjKNgr
OzXpbsfxZvX8WP1FwfU/Ks9C8oRBEAzzof9Nq1ddVIcmB4dWpVzaBcXjGEqk5IXR
z8lkUACw3TU6BZAQcrPAhvkcTN8qRYym8kEgc0lENJQt8J4kIh QQkiI4SdvZd+Uw
7bHIdq6Mf4DbfwC1Tk3vbZelzdEcyD4EbIqSsulkkatpJqTZtR dVldlHRj+vbcm0
iK2A1fG01mI8I8m26czxBheIAupBcEI4RkdcN9S3kxOi1736bI vjlKnU/FriGfU4
IpUEzKgDNSYmfGwgvqrMz8W8nXLUuBCBHa13//foN9zHqj8FNB/nJs6TjrV7nbrU
LiWoGwkbSJZppwT3TN2zYavyl9W/BoQnAYQFkETwv60p9CdyPT8ah1347x9WDi0O
93XD8i7F+L23malLc46Dv6okZg+f7zrWMi1TAudU15LcSH0zRv g8TCN9l3Gb9xZM
q2FxSslIGeIRczfgFCmMMQswuvnB95MZVhf9KyugCtzl7FphAF h6As+V2oHd+PrE
J5wBJBCq+qqkkioUIsxMtLaaspgptZsSgmNIyjZ04/rgwMLxH8t8u9aapnHEvuyx
BbCtSXcbdr2vHVo3cuOG
=RhDb
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 02:08 AM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright ę2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org