Old 09-27-2010, 06:53 PM
Daniel Drake

Default Going inactive

Hi,

I've been too busy with other things to work on Gentoo for quite some
time and this isn't going to change now that I've just picked up new
study and work commitments.

So I'm gonna drop out of the IRC rooms and stop checking this email
account (which is spammed to death).

I guess this means my access will be removed at some point, although I'd
welcome the idea of it staying put in case I can find time in future.

Thanks to everyone who taught me something or helped with my projects. I
learned a huge amount through this distro and community.

Cya around!
Daniel

Old 09-27-2010, 08:07 PM
"Jorge Manuel B. S. Vicetto"

Old 09-27-2010, 11:12 PM
Mike Pagano

> Hi,
>
> I've been too busy with other things to work on Gentoo for quite some
> time and this isn't going to change now that I've just picked up new
> study and work commitments.

As I said in private, I will repeat here. Thanks for mentoring me into Gentoo and answering all of my questions along the way. You set an example with your intelligence in technical matters and patience with users that goes years beyond your age.

You will be missed and I hope you find your way back here someday.

Best regards,
Mike

--
Mike Pagano
Gentoo Developer - Kernel Project

Old 09-27-2010, 11:45 PM
Markos Chandras

On Mon, Sep 27, 2010 at 07:12:07PM -0400, Mike Pagano wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I've been too busy with other things to work on Gentoo for quite some
> > time and this isn't going to change now that I've just picked up new
> > study and work commitments.

Daniel,

It is sad to read your email. You were really really helpful during my
first steps in Gentoo. I wish all the best to you and I really hope you
come back some day in the future.

Stay well
--
Markos Chandras (hwoarang)
Gentoo Linux Developer

Old 09-28-2010, 12:03 AM
Mike Frysinger

On Monday, September 27, 2010 14:53:18 Daniel Drake wrote:
> I've been too busy with other things to work on Gentoo for quite some
> time and this isn't going to change now that I've just picked up new
> study and work commitments.
>
> So I'm gonna drop out of the IRC rooms and stop checking this email
> account (which is spammed to death).

e-mail info as to where to find you in the future ? i wish to hound you about
merging my libusb patches.
-mike

Old 09-28-2010, 12:21 AM
Lars Wendler

Sad to read this...

You were the one who gave me editbugs in bugzilla some years ago which can be
seen as the starting point of me becoming a package maintainer.

Thanks for all the work you did for Gentoo. I'm looking forward to your return

--
Lars Wendler (Polynomial-C)
Gentoo maintainer and bug-wrangler

Old 09-28-2010, 05:17 AM
Thomas Raschbacher

hi,

Sorry to hear that but I wish you the best and hope you can come back some
time in the future

Regards

Old 09-28-2010, 11:24 AM
"Tony "Chainsaw" Vroon"

On Mon, 2010-09-27 at 19:53 +0100, Daniel Drake wrote:
> I've been too busy with other things to work on Gentoo for quite some
> time and this isn't going to change now that I've just picked up new
> study and work commitments.

You will be missed Daniel. It was always pleasant working with you.

Regards,
Tony V.

Old 09-28-2010, 11:46 PM
Theo Chatzimichos

On Monday 27 September 2010 21:53:18 Daniel Drake wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've been too busy with other things to work on Gentoo for quite some
> time and this isn't going to change now that I've just picked up new
> study and work commitments.
>
> So I'm gonna drop out of the IRC rooms and stop checking this email
> account (which is spammed to death).
>
> I guess this means my access will be removed at some point, although I'd
> welcome the idea of it staying put in case I can find time in future.
>
> Thanks to everyone who taught me something or helped with my projects. I
> learned a huge amount through this distro and community.
>
> Cya around!
> Daniel

Thank you for all your work and especially on Planet. Due to the migration to
a new box I saw quickly all the effort you put at it and was awesome.
--
Theo Chatzimichos (tampakrap)
Gentoo KDE/Qt, Planet, Overlays