Old 09-26-2010, 12:37 PM
Jacob Godserv

Default openrc stabilization update

On Mon, 20 Sep 2010 14:32:49 -0400
Mike Frysinger <vapier@gentoo.org> wrote:

> man, fix your line length. what a nub you are.

Or adjust your mail client. Then you could save yourself the name
calling, which changes the mood of the mailing list and causes issues
for more people than just your target.

--
Jacob

"For then there will be great distress, unequaled
from the beginning of the world until now — and never
to be equaled again. If those days had not been cut
short, no one would survive, but for the sake of the
elect those days will be shortened."

Are you ready?

Old 09-26-2010, 01:39 PM
Nirbheek Chauhan

On Sun, Sep 26, 2010 at 6:07 PM, Jacob Godserv <jacobgodserv@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, 20 Sep 2010 14:32:49 -0400
> Mike Frysinger <vapier@gentoo.org> wrote:
>
>> man, fix your line length. *what a nub you are.
>
> Or adjust your mail client. Then you could save yourself the name
> calling, which changes the mood of the mailing list and causes issues
> for more people than just your target.

Both parties have known each other for several years. If you had seen
the conversation on IRC between them, you would not have categorized
this as name-calling. It was a tongue-in-cheek comment that people
without context can easily misunderstand.

--
~Nirbheek Chauhan

Gentoo GNOME+Mozilla Team

Old 09-26-2010, 04:30 PM
Joshua Saddler

On Sun, 26 Sep 2010 08:37:35 -0400
Jacob Godserv <jacobgodserv@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, 20 Sep 2010 14:32:49 -0400
> Mike Frysinger <vapier@gentoo.org> wrote:
>
> > man, fix your line length. what a nub you are.
>
> Or adjust your mail client. Then you could save yourself the name
> calling, which changes the mood of the mailing list and causes
> issues for more people than just your target.

It's okay. We go back some years. We've met in person. I can read
Mike's text tone. We're just playin'. Besides, I learned
something important, namely that despite my configs, Claws Mail
wasn't behaving properly, so I had to make a few changes. S'all good.
At no point was I hurt by the "nub" label. I think I replied "NO
U," which is of course how we handle things off-list.

Old 09-26-2010, 04:57 PM
Petteri Räty

On 09/26/2010 07:30 PM, Joshua Saddler wrote:
> On Sun, 26 Sep 2010 08:37:35 -0400
> Jacob Godserv <jacobgodserv@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On Mon, 20 Sep 2010 14:32:49 -0400
>> Mike Frysinger <vapier@gentoo.org> wrote:
>>
>>> man, fix your line length. what a nub you are.
>>
>> Or adjust your mail client. Then you could save yourself the name
>> calling, which changes the mood of the mailing list and causes
>> issues for more people than just your target.
>>

> It's okay. We go back some years. We've met in person. I can read
> Mike's text tone. We're just playin'. Besides, I learned
> something important, namely that despite my configs, Claws Mail
> wasn't behaving properly, so I had to make a few changes. S'all good.
> At no point was I hurt by the "nub" label. I think I replied "NO
> U," which is of course how we handle things off-list.

Yeah but I was also wondering why Mike was calling you names like that.
As >99% of people on this list don't get the inside joke maybe this is
not the best media for it.

Regards,
Petteri

Old 09-26-2010, 08:26 PM
Mike Frysinger

On Sunday, September 26, 2010 12:57:42 Petteri Räty wrote:
> On 09/26/2010 07:30 PM, Joshua Saddler wrote:
> >>
> >> Or adjust your mail client. Then you could save yourself the name
> >> calling, which changes the mood of the mailing list and causes
> >> issues for more people than just your target.
> >
> > It's okay. We go back some years. We've met in person. I can read
> > Mike's text tone. We're just playin'. Besides, I learned
> > something important, namely that despite my configs, Claws Mail
> > wasn't behaving properly, so I had to make a few changes. S'all good.
> > At no point was I hurt by the "nub" label. I think I replied "NO
> > U," which is of course how we handle things off-list.
>
> Yeah but I was also wondering why Mike was calling you names like that.
> As >99% of people on this list don't get the inside joke maybe this is
> not the best media for it.

because he's a stupid nub
-mike

Old 09-26-2010, 08:32 PM
Alec Warner

On Sun, Sep 26, 2010 at 1:26 PM, Mike Frysinger <vapier@gentoo.org> wrote:
> On Sunday, September 26, 2010 12:57:42 Petteri Räty wrote:

>> > It's okay. We go back some years. We've met in person. I can read
>> > Mike's text tone. We're just playin'. Besides, I learned
>> > something important, namely that despite my configs, Claws Mail
>> > wasn't behaving properly, so I had to make a few changes. S'all good.
>> > At no point was I hurt by the "nub" label. I think I replied "NO
>> > U," which is of course how we handle things off-list.
>>
>> Yeah but I was also wondering why Mike was calling you names like that.
>> As >99% of people on this list don't get the inside joke maybe this is
>> not the best media for it.
>
> because he's a stupid nub
> -mike

Is that pronounced 'nub' or 'noob' ?

Man I should really go to SCALE next year :X

Old 09-26-2010, 10:22 PM
Joshua Saddler

On Sun, 26 Sep 2010 13:32:49 -0700
Alec Warner <antarus@gentoo.org> wrote:

> On Sun, Sep 26, 2010 at 1:26 PM, Mike Frysinger <vapier@gentoo.org>
> wrote:
> > because he's a stupid nub
> > -mike

NO U

> Is that pronounced 'nub' or 'noob' ?
>
> Man I should really go to SCALE next year :X

We got the official invite from the organizers, as well as the
CFP/talks. I'm interested in going yet again, especially since it's
moved to a new venue.