Old 09-18-2010, 03:01 AM
Ryan Hill

Default What the hell is going on here?

On Fri, 17 Sep 2010 19:42:56 +0300
Alex Alexander <wired@gentoo.org> wrote:

> This is a matter of perspective. To you it might look like torture and
> pay-back, but for the guys doing it it could be "making sure he
> follows all the guidelines".

By nitpicking his commit messages? So far that's the only thing anyone has
been able to criticize, and it's coming across as pedantic and petty.

--
fonts, gcc-porting, we hold our breath, we spin around the world
toolchain, wxwidgets you and me cling to the outside of the earth

Old 09-18-2010, 05:24 AM
Duncan

Ryan Hill posted on Fri, 17 Sep 2010 21:01:36 -0600 as excerpted:

> On Fri, 17 Sep 2010 19:42:56 +0300
> Alex Alexander <wired@gentoo.org> wrote:
>
>> This is a matter of perspective. To you it might look like torture and
>> pay-back, but for the guys doing it it could be "making sure he follows
>> all the guidelines".
>
> By nitpicking his commit messages? So far that's the only thing anyone
> has been able to criticize, and it's coming across as pedantic and
> petty.

This user's perspective, having been affected by the previous issue:

1. There was a problem that needed fixed. Agree.

2. Something was done to fix it. =:^)

3. Now it's going a bit far (publicly, at least). Also Agree.

If there had been even a single question on anyone else's commits during
this period, it'd arguably be different. But just as the previous had
gotten a bit ridiculous and a course correction was needed, so here as
well.

I certainly have to respect him for sticking with it in the face of
opposition... in both instances.