Old 08-30-2010, 02:14 PM
Markos Chandras

Default Improve devaway system

Hi there

It seems to me that people paying less and less attention to devaway
system[1]. As you may see yourselves, few of the entries are 2-3 year old. This
either means that these devs are inactive since then or that they came back
and just didn't bother updating their status. Is it possible for infra people
to setup a script to notify the developer ( and CC the retirement alias )
about an old devaway entry? This will help retirement team to track down
inactive devs with ease. Furthermore having so many devs with away messages (
where only part of the messages reflect the reality ) looks quite bad to
community. I think that a simple script that will search all the devaway
messages and collect those that are >60-90 days is not that difficult to get
implemented. Does anybody have a better approach to deal with this?

Thanks

[1]: http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/devrel/roll-call/devaway.xml

--
Markos Chandras (hwoarang)