Old 08-29-2010, 11:49 PM
Mike Frysinger

Default s390/s390x systems available

we lost our s390/s390x dev machines at zseries.org due to hardware failure,
and then lack of available resources. they've been great to us, so it's sad
to see the loss, but that's life. the port has stalled though due to this
downtime (which was around the end of 2009).

fortunately, some people at the Marist college have allocated some resources
that will allow us to continue the s390/s390x ports. so hopefully we should
be able to pick up some of the back log on keywording/stage building.

however, we wont be able to allow general developer access to the systems like
we did in the past. so if you have a keyword/etc... test, then the best route
is through bugzilla. this isnt to say that no developers will be allowed,
it's just changing to a case by case basis whereas in the past anyone was
granted access.
-mike