Old 08-21-2010, 07:27 PM
Mike Frysinger

Default updated elass documentation syntax

ive extended the eclass documentation format a little for variables. you can
now use the markers:

@DEFAULT_UNSET
avoid overhead of adding useless constructs like:
: ${FOO:=}
this way the awk script wont warn when it was unable to find a default value
for the variable in question

@REQUIRED
similar to the previous construct; this allows people to mark a variable so
that ebuild writers know they must provide for this. in the man page output,
the variable will be marked with "(REQUIRED)".

@INTERNAL
some people like to document all variables, even ones that ebuilds/users
shouldnt be setting (i.e. internal state variables). now you can do just that
and the variable wont be included in the output.
-mike

Old 08-21-2010, 07:29 PM
Tomáš Chvátal

Old 08-21-2010, 07:38 PM
Mike Frysinger

On Saturday, August 21, 2010 15:29:13 Tomáš Chvátal wrote:
> if i define variable in some function it gets into functions section for
> manpage. Not sure if that is your area to fix too

please illustrate with an example. or just point me to the eclass and
highlight the problem with the man page output.
-mike

Old 08-21-2010, 07:43 PM
Tomáš Chvátal

Old 08-21-2010, 08:32 PM
Mike Frysinger

On Saturday, August 21, 2010 15:43:31 Tomáš Chvátal wrote:
> Dne 21.8.2010 21:38, Mike Frysinger napsal(a):
> > On Saturday, August 21, 2010 15:29:13 Tomáš Chvátal wrote:
> >> if i define variable in some function it gets into functions section for
> >> manpage. Not sure if that is your area to fix too
> >
> > please illustrate with an example. or just point me to the eclass and
> > highlight the problem with the man page output.
>
> xorg-2.eclass
> variable: CONFIGURE_OPTIONS.

function-specific variables are intended to be interwoven with the function
they're specific to. that's the difference between @ECLASS-VARIABLE and
@VARIABLE.

i guess the display could be clarified to mention which function they're tied
to exactly ...
-mike

Old 08-22-2010, 08:03 AM
Tomáš Chvátal

Old 08-22-2010, 06:08 PM
Mike Frysinger

On Sunday, August 22, 2010 04:03:09 Tomáš Chvátal wrote:
> Btw is there somewhere complete eclassdoc specs document?

in the awk file itself
-mike