Old 08-16-2010, 05:58 PM
"Paweł Hajdan, Jr."

Default Chromium in Gentoo project looking for developers

If you are a Gentoo developer and are using www-client/chromium, please
consider joining the "Chromium in Gentoo" project:

http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/desktop/chromium/index.xml

You don't need to modify or bump packages to join. In fact, I'm rather
looking for good testers. We have some bugs to confirm, workarounds and
fixes to verify, etc. All bug links are at the project page.

My plan is to make our Chromium packages even better. I'm working on
solid chromium-bin package now (built on Gentoo), and on separating v8
to its own package. All this work takes time and effort, so I'm looking
for more people to help.

Hopefully in the near future www-client/chromium will use even more
system libraries (I'm working on icu and sqlite). This will require even
more testing on Gentoo side, because using system libraries is a
scenario that upstream's QA _never_ tests.

Non-developers can contribute as well, we have a section about Herd
Testers on the project page. There are already some people doing great
work on that.

Old 08-18-2010, 06:51 AM
Luca Barbato

On 08/16/2010 07:58 PM, "Paweł Hajdan, Jr." wrote:
> If you are a Gentoo developer and are using www-client/chromium, please
> consider joining the "Chromium in Gentoo" project:
>
> http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/desktop/chromium/index.xml
>
> You don't need to modify or bump packages to join. In fact, I'm rather
> looking for good testers. We have some bugs to confirm, workarounds and
> fixes to verify, etc. All bug links are at the project page.
>
> My plan is to make our Chromium packages even better. I'm working on
> solid chromium-bin package now (built on Gentoo), and on separating v8
> to its own package. All this work takes time and effort, so I'm looking
> for more people to help.

Mongodb would enjoy a _LOT_ that part.

> Hopefully in the near future www-client/chromium will use even more
> system libraries (I'm working on icu and sqlite). This will require even
> more testing on Gentoo side, because using system libraries is a
> scenario that upstream's QA _never_ tests.

I see...

lu

--

Luca Barbato