Council Agenda proposal for upcoming 2010-07-26 meeting
following is the Council Agenda proposal for the upcoming meeting on
Monday, July 26th.
* allow all members to show up (5 min)
** vote **
add --as-needed to default profile's LDFLAGS
** discuss / vote **
- required-use: http://dev.gentoo.org/~ferringb/required-use.html
- review eclass removal policy
should it be 2 years since portage 184.108.40.206 went stable?
- should there a policy about eclass API changes?
- use of invalid DEPEND atom "EAPI_TOO_OLD" instead of calling die in
global scope on eclasses
- mailing lists
should we post council agenda to -council? -dev? -project?
some devs suggest we should cross-post to -dev and -council
but not everyone likes cross-posting as it can lead to fragmentation
Petteri suggested punting -council and using -project instead
* go through bugs assigned to email@example.com
* open floor: listen to developers
If you have something urgent not included above, please reply to this
Note that I haven't added a duration to anything but the rollcall.
Instead, I recommend we follow a 10 minutes per topic rule.
If a topic's discussion passes the 10 minute mark without reaching a
decision, we move further discussion to the mailing lists.
If we need to vote for that topic, we move it to the next agenda
with a *vote* flag.
Items with a *vote* flag cannot be moved a second time (unless there's
new data to consider), so they must be settled at that agenda's meeting,
in an attempt to avoid endless discussions.
What do you think?
Alex Alexander :: wired