Old 07-11-2010, 05:31 PM
Petteri Räty

Default QA warnings from eclasses

As previously discussed on gentoo-dev there's now a eqawarn function
available in eutils.eclass. The function delegates to the Package
Manager implementation if available. To see QA messages after emerge
when using Portage you can add the following to your make.conf:

PORTAGE_ELOG_CLASSES="${PORTAGE_ELOG_CLASSES} qa"

Usage of the function is documented at:
http://devmanual.gentoo.org/ebuild-writing/messages/index.html

Regards,
Petteri

Old 07-11-2010, 05:43 PM
Markos Chandras

On Sun, Jul 11, 2010 at 08:31:56PM +0300, Petteri Räty wrote:
> As previously discussed on gentoo-dev there's now a eqawarn function
> available in eutils.eclass. The function delegates to the Package
> Manager implementation if available. To see QA messages after emerge
> when using Portage you can add the following to your make.conf:
>
> PORTAGE_ELOG_CLASSES="${PORTAGE_ELOG_CLASSES} qa"
This should go to all the dev/ profiles imho. If there are no objections I
will add it to amd64 dev profile which I currently use

--
Markos Chandras (hwoarang)
Gentoo Linux Developer

Old 07-11-2010, 05:53 PM
Petteri Räty

On 07/11/2010 08:43 PM, Markos Chandras wrote:
> On Sun, Jul 11, 2010 at 08:31:56PM +0300, Petteri Räty wrote:
>> As previously discussed on gentoo-dev there's now a eqawarn function
>> available in eutils.eclass. The function delegates to the Package
>> Manager implementation if available. To see QA messages after emerge
>> when using Portage you can add the following to your make.conf:
>>
>> PORTAGE_ELOG_CLASSES="${PORTAGE_ELOG_CLASSES} qa"
> This should go to all the dev/ profiles imho. If there are no objections I
> will add it to amd64 dev profile which I currently use

target/developer cascades everywhere but I'll leave touching profiles to
people play with them more often.

Regards,
Petteri

Old 07-11-2010, 09:09 PM
Markos Chandras

On Sun, Jul 11, 2010 at 08:53:56PM +0300, Petteri Räty wrote:
> On 07/11/2010 08:43 PM, Markos Chandras wrote:
> > On Sun, Jul 11, 2010 at 08:31:56PM +0300, Petteri Räty wrote:
> >> As previously discussed on gentoo-dev there's now a eqawarn function
> >> available in eutils.eclass. The function delegates to the Package
> >> Manager implementation if available. To see QA messages after emerge
> >> when using Portage you can add the following to your make.conf:
> >>
> >> PORTAGE_ELOG_CLASSES="${PORTAGE_ELOG_CLASSES} qa"
> > This should go to all the dev/ profiles imho. If there are no objections I
> > will add it to amd64 dev profile which I currently use
>
> target/developer cascades everywhere but I'll leave touching profiles to
> people play with them more often.
>
> Regards,
> Petteri

Ok then I will take the liberty to add this option to
target/developer/make.defaults since I use the dev profile everywhere.