Old 07-10-2010, 04:21 PM
Enrico Weigelt

Default RFC: making revdep-rebuild more quiet

Hi folks,

i'd like to suggest an option for making revdep-rebuild more silent:

Passing "-q" twice should make it output only if it really has
something to do (found broken stuff and wants to emerge), so we can
simply put it into an crontab entry to get a mail when something
really happens.

What do you think about this ?

(I admit, I didnt have the time to dive into portage codebase yet
and hack up something ... ;-o)

cu

phone: +49 36207 519931 email: weigelt@metux.de
mobile: +49 151 27565287 icq: 210169427 skype: nekrad666

Old 07-10-2010, 07:05 PM
Christian Ruppert

Hey Enrico,

On 07/10/2010 06:21 PM, Enrico Weigelt wrote:
> i'd like to suggest an option for making revdep-rebuild more silent:
>
> Passing "-q" twice should make it output only if it really has
> something to do (found broken stuff and wants to emerge), so we can
> simply put it into an crontab entry to get a mail when something
> really happens.
>
> What do you think about this ?

I've already started to improve the quiet part of revdep-rebuild
take a look at http://bugs.gentoo.org/97073#c11

Christian Ruppert
Role: Gentoo Linux developer, Bugzilla administrator and Infrastructure
member
Fingerprint: 9B50 01DF E873 A0E4 126D 6C16 8B17 B68E 7FAE 7D38