Old 07-05-2010, 04:48 PM
Enrico Weigelt

Default zlib ebuild from OSS-QM

Hi folks,

here's an ebuild for zlib, which takes a fixed source from the
oss-qm project. it contains several fixes and cleans up ugly
hacks in the current ebuild (eg. directly sed'ing sources ;-o).

please refer my recent postings on details what the oss-qm
project is all about. just a few words: the main idea is to
solve problems at the source, provide generic downstream
branches (which get rebased onto upstream) instead of single
(often unncessarily distro-bound) patches.

cu
http://patches.metux.de/
# Copyright 1999-2010 Gentoo Foundation
# Distributed under the terms of the GNU General Public License v2
# $Header: /var/cvsroot/gentoo-x86/sys-libs/zlib/zlib-1.2.5.ebuild,v 1.2 2010/04/20 20:34:54 vapier Exp $

inherit eutils toolchain-funcs

DESCRIPTION="Standard (de)compression library"
HOMEPAGE="http://www.zlib.net/"
SRC_URI="http://pubgit.metux.de/download/oss-qm/zlib/METUX.zlib-${PV}.tar.bz2"

LICENSE="ZLIB"
SLOT="0"
KEYWORDS="~alpha ~amd64 ~arm ~hppa ~ia64 ~m68k ~mips ~ppc ~ppc64 ~s390 ~sh ~sparc ~x86 ~sparc-fbsd ~x86-fbsd"
IUSE=""

RDEPEND="!<dev-libs/libxml2-2.7.7" #309623

src_compile() {
cd `find -maxdepth 1 -type d -not -name "."` || die
case ${CHOST} in
*-mingw*|mingw*)
cp zconf.h.in zconf.h
emake -f win32/Makefile.gcc prefix=/usr STRIP=true PREFIX=${CHOST}- || die
;;
*) # not an autoconf script, so cant use econf
./configure --shared --prefix=/usr --libdir=/usr/$(get_libdir) || die
emake || die
;;
esac
}

src_install() {
cd `find -maxdepth 1 -type d -not -name "."` || die
case ${CHOST} in
*-mingw*|mingw*)
emake -f win32/Makefile.gcc prefix=/usr install DESTDIR="${D}" || die
dodoc FAQ README ChangeLog doc/*.txt
dobin zlib1.dll || die
dolib libz.dll.a || die
;;
*)
emake install DESTDIR="${D}" || die
dodoc FAQ README ChangeLog doc/*.txt
gen_usr_ldscript -a z
;;
esac
}

Old 07-06-2010, 05:07 PM
Sebastian Pipping

Enrico,

thanks for sharing your changes with us.
I had a look at the diff as I was curious.

While I may lacking understanding that the zlib maintainers in Gentoo do
have, your changes look self-explaining to me.
Maybe you could comment on the diff and explain your changes.

Best,

Sebastian

Old 07-06-2010, 05:09 PM
Sebastian Pipping

On 07/06/10 19:07, Sebastian Pipping wrote:
> Enrico,
>

> thanks for sharing your changes with us.
> I had a look at the diff as I was curious.
>
> While I may lacking understanding that the zlib maintainers in Gentoo do
> have, your changes look self-explaining to me.

^ "do not" missing, sorry.

Old 07-06-2010, 05:18 PM
Jeremy Olexa

On Mon, 5 Jul 2010 18:48:43 +0200, Enrico Weigelt <weigelt@metux.de>
wrote:
> Hi folks,
> <snip>
> please refer my recent postings on details what the oss-qm
> project is all about. just a few words: the main idea is to
> <snip>

Enrico, There are actually so many 404s on your homepage (including
both links in your email signature) that it quickly loses my attention
span.

-Jeremy

Old 07-06-2010, 08:03 PM
Enrico Weigelt

* Sebastian Pipping <sping@gentoo.org> schrieb:

> > While I may lacking understanding that the zlib maintainers in Gentoo do
> > have, your changes look self-explaining to me.
>
> ^ "do not" missing, sorry.

Which changes dont you understand ?
I'll be happy to answer all questions

cu
http://patches.metux.de/

Old 07-06-2010, 08:04 PM
Enrico Weigelt

* Jeremy Olexa <darkside@gentoo.org> schrieb:
> On Mon, 5 Jul 2010 18:48:43 +0200, Enrico Weigelt <weigelt@metux.de>
> wrote:
> > Hi folks,
> > <snip>
> > please refer my recent postings on details what the oss-qm
> > project is all about. just a few words: the main idea is to
> > <snip>
>
> Enrico, There are actually so many 404s on your homepage (including
> both links in your email signature) that it quickly loses my attention
> span.

Which ones ?
(I know, some old stuff is broken, I didnt have the time to
clean it all up yet ;-o)

cu
http://patches.metux.de/

Old 07-06-2010, 08:35 PM
Krzysztof Pawlik

On 07/06/10 22:04, Enrico Weigelt wrote:
> * Jeremy Olexa <darkside@gentoo.org> schrieb:
>> On Mon, 5 Jul 2010 18:48:43 +0200, Enrico Weigelt <weigelt@metux.de>
>> wrote:
>>> Hi folks,
>>> <snip>
>>> please refer my recent postings on details what the oss-qm
>>> project is all about. just a few words: the main idea is to
>>> <snip>
>>
>> Enrico, There are actually so many 404s on your homepage (including
>> both links in your email signature) that it quickly loses my attention
>> span.
>
> Which ones ?

Almost all from your signature:
- http://wiki.metux.de/public/OpenSource_QM_Taskforce
- http://patches.metux.de/

(main www.metux.de works)

--
Krzysztof Pawlik <nelchael at gentoo.org> key id: 0xF6A80E46
desktop-misc, java, apache, ppc, vim, kernel, python...

Old 07-06-2010, 08:35 PM
Sebastian Pipping

On 07/06/10 22:04, Enrico Weigelt wrote:
>> Enrico, There are actually so many 404s on your homepage (including
>> both links in your email signature) that it quickly loses my attention
>> span.
>
> Which ones ?
> (I know, some old stuff is broken, I didnt have the time to
> clean it all up yet ;-o)

Take the two embedded to your signature, for example.
I reported this to you two months ago.
Re-checked now, still broken.

Your webserver logs could help on some of the others.

> Please visit the OpenSource QM Taskforce:
> http://wiki.metux.de/public/OpenSource_QM_Taskforce
> Patches / Fixes for a lot dozens of packages in dozens of versions:
> http://patches.metux.de/

beide 404, aber http://www.metux.de/ geht.

sebastian

Old 07-06-2010, 09:26 PM
Enrico Weigelt

* Sebastian Pipping <sping@gentoo.org> schrieb:
> On 07/06/10 22:04, Enrico Weigelt wrote:
> >> Enrico, There are actually so many 404s on your homepage (including
> >> both links in your email signature) that it quickly loses my attention
> >> span.
> >
> > Which ones ?
> > (I know, some old stuff is broken, I didnt have the time to
> > clean it all up yet ;-o)
>
> Take the two embedded to your signature, for example.
> I reported this to you two months ago.
> Re-checked now, still broken.

ups, I forgot that I've still configured this ancient signature
for this list ;-o

cu
http://patches.metux.de/