Old 07-04-2010, 02:29 PM
Lars Wendler

Default The future of sys-apps/openrc in Gentoo

Hi list,

now that openrc has no active upstram anymore [1] what shall we do? To be
honest I was really looking forward for openrc/baselayout-2 finally becoming
stable in Gentoo but this seems to be quite implausible now that openrc has no
upstream anymore.
If there's anyone out there who would volunteer to maintain openrc, please
step up now or else I fear we must abandon openrc which would be very sad.

[1] https://bugs.gentoo.org/326865
--
Lars Wendler (Polynomial-C)
Gentoo developer and bug-wrangler

Old 07-04-2010, 03:01 PM
Nikos Chantziaras

now that openrc has no active upstram anymore [1] what shall we do? To be
honest I was really looking forward for openrc/baselayout-2 finally becoming
stable in Gentoo but this seems to be quite implausible now that openrc has no
upstream anymore.
If there's anyone out there who would volunteer to maintain openrc, please
step up now or else I fear we must abandon openrc which would be very sad.

How about switching to something that has a very active upstream?

http://bugs.gentoo.org/150190