Old 06-19-2010, 07:56 PM
Roy Bamford

Default Gentoo Council 2010/2011 - Voting

Team,

Everything is in place to allow voting in the above election commence
as planned on June 20th at 00:00:00 UTC.

The polls will remain open until July 3rd 23:59:59 UTC.

Your candidates are:-
betelgeuse
chainsaw
ferringb
halcy0n
jmbsvicetto
patrick
phajdan.jr
scarabeus
sping
wired
_reopen_nominations

Here are the rules:

All active Gentoo developers on the roll before nominations opened are
eligible to vote.

To vote login to dev.gentoo.org and run the following commands:

1. votify --new council201006 - This creates a new ballot in your
homedir.
2. Edit the .ballot-council201006 file and rank the candidates.
3. Once you're sure, run votify --verify council201006 to check
the validity of the ballot.
4. If that goes through fine, the next and final step is to submit
your vote using votify --submit council201006
5. If you're stuck, use votify --help or go to #gentoo-elections
(on freenode) and ask officials for help.

Votes that are not submitted before the poll closes will not be
counted.

Good luck and thank you for all your votes.

Roy Bamford
(Neddyseagoon) a member of
gentoo-ops
forum-mods
trustees
elections

Old 06-20-2010, 01:47 PM
Roy Bamford

On 2010.06.19 20:56, Roy Bamford wrote:
> Team,
>
> Everything is in place to allow voting in the above election commence
> as planned on June 20th at 00:00:00 UTC.
>
> The polls will remain open until July 3rd 23:59:59 UTC.
>
> Your candidates are:-
> betelgeuse
> chainsaw
> ferringb
> halcy0n
> jmbsvicetto
> patrick
> phajdan.jr
> scarabeus
> sping
> wired
> _reopen_nominations
>

> Here are the rules:
>
> All active Gentoo developers on the roll before nominations opened
> are
>
> eligible to vote.
>
> To vote login to dev.gentoo.org and run the following commands:
>
> 1. votify --new council201006 - This creates a new ballot in your
> homedir.
> 2. Edit the .ballot-council201006 file and rank the candidates.
> 3. Once you're sure, run votify --verify council201006 to check
> the validity of the ballot.
> 4. If that goes through fine, the next and final step is to submit
> your vote using votify --submit council201006
> 5. If you're stuck, use votify --help or go to #gentoo-elections
> (on freenode) and ask officials for help.
>
> Votes that are not submitted before the poll closes will not be
> counted.
>
> Good luck and thank you for all your votes.
>
> --
> Regards,
>
> Roy Bamford
[snip]

Team,

The problem with the ballot has now been fixed - thank you to those
members of the electorate that drew it to our attention.

The above rules and timescales still apply. The elections team
determined that the voting period should not be extended.

Roy Bamford
(Neddyseagoon) a member of
gentoo-ops
forum-mods
trustees
elections

Old 06-21-2010, 09:19 PM
Mike Frysinger

On Saturday, June 19, 2010 15:56:03 Roy Bamford wrote:
> Everything is in place to allow voting in the above election commence
> as planned on June 20th at 00:00:00 UTC.
>
> The polls will remain open until July 3rd 23:59:59 UTC.

the motd/whatever of dev.g.o really should contain active elections
-mike