Old 06-17-2010, 07:34 PM
Domen Ko┼żar

Default Python, GSoC and distutils2

Greetings, I'm working on g-pypi2 project over this summer for Gentoo,
and among other things, I learned a lot about how Gentoo handles Python
package distributions.

There are quite some students working on distutils2 implementations, so
I thought Gentoo as source distribution has a lot to say how would
upstream Python tools help towards better standard and API to make life
just a little bit easier.

I have put together a piratepad/etherpad for easier collaboration if
anyone is willing to drop his thoughts how Python distribution of
packages could be improved, follow the link
http://piratepad.net/EIYOmjJKaJ

.. read more about GSoC team
http://bitbucket.org/tarek/distutils2/wiki/GSoC_2010_teams
.. blog planet with reports http://teckla.idyll.org/~t/planet-distutils/