FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor

Go Back   Linux Archive > Gentoo > Gentoo Development

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 06-14-2010, 06:13 PM
Mike Frysinger
 
Default net-fs/nfs-utils: rpc.idmapd required on both client & server side?

On Mon, Jun 14, 2010 at 2:43 AM, Amit Dor-Shifer wrote:
> I read in idmapd's manpage that "It provides functionality to the NFSv4
> kernel client and server". I'm therefore wondering whether it'd be desired
> to facilitate an rc dependency of nfsmount (client-side) in rpc.idmapd.
> /etc/init.d/nfs (server side) allows that via NFS_NEEDED_SERVICES.

nfsmount already depends on rpc.idmapd when necessary
-mike
 
Old 06-15-2010, 06:17 AM
Amit Dor-Shifer
 
Default net-fs/nfs-utils: rpc.idmapd required on both client & server side?

I've checked 1.1.4 & 1.2.2. Both don't seem to satisfy such a dependency:

amit0 ~ # qlist -Iv nfs-utils
net-fs/nfs-utils-1.1.4-r1
amit0 ~ # /etc/init.d/nfsmount ineed
net rpcbind rpc.statd

amit0 ~ # emerge -qKa nfs-utils
[binary U ] net-fs/nfs-utils-1.2.2-r1 [1.1.4-r1]

Would you like to merge these packages? [Yes/No] y
>>> Emerging binary (1 of 1) net-fs/nfs-utils-1.2.2-r1
>>> Installing (1 of 1) net-fs/nfs-utils-1.2.2-r1
* GNU info directory index is up-to-date.

* IMPORTANT: 1 config files in '/etc' need updating.
* See the CONFIGURATION FILES section of the emerge
* man page to learn how to update config files.
amit0 ~ # /etc/init.d/nfsmount ineed
* Caching service dependencies
...
[ ok ]

net rpcbind rpc.statd
amit0 ~ # etc-update
Scanning Configuration files...
The following is the list of files which need updating, each
configuration file is followed by a list of possible replacement files.
1) /etc/conf.d/nfs (1)
Please select a file to edit by entering the corresponding number.
(don't use -3, -5, -7 or -9 if you're unsure what to do)
(-1 to exit) (-3 to auto merge all remaining files)
(-5 to auto-merge AND not use 'mv -i')
(-7 to discard all updates)
(-9 to discard all updates AND not use 'rm
-i'): 1


File: /etc/conf.d/._cfg0000_nfs
1) Replace original with update
2) Delete update, keeping original as is
3) Interactively merge original with update
4) Show differences again
Please select from the menu above (-1 to ignore this update): 1
Replacing /etc/conf.d/nfs with /etc/conf.d/._cfg0000_nfs
mv: overwrite `/etc/conf.d/nfs'? y

Exiting: Nothing left to do; exiting.
amit0 ~ # /etc/init.d/nfsmount ineed
* Caching service dependencies
...
[ ok ]

net rpcbind rpc.statd
amit0 ~ # /etc/init.d/rpc.idmapd status
* status: stopped
amit0 ~ # /etc/init.d/nfsmount start
* Starting NFS sm-notify
...
[ ok ]
* Mounting NFS filesystems
...
[ ok ]

amit0 ~ # /etc/init.d/rpc.idmapd status
* status: stopped

Could you therefore clarify?
Amit


On 06/14/10 21:13, Mike Frysinger wrote:

On Mon, Jun 14, 2010 at 2:43 AM, Amit Dor-Shifer wrote:


I read in idmapd's manpage that "It provides functionality to the NFSv4
kernel client and server". I'm therefore wondering whether it'd be desired
to facilitate an rc dependency of nfsmount (client-side) in rpc.idmapd.
/etc/init.d/nfs (server side) allows that via NFS_NEEDED_SERVICES.


nfsmount already depends on rpc.idmapd when necessary
-mike
 
Old 06-15-2010, 06:38 AM
Mike Frysinger
 
Default net-fs/nfs-utils: rpc.idmapd required on both client & server side?

On Tue, Jun 15, 2010 at 2:17 AM, Amit Dor-Shifer wrote:

please refrain from top posting.

> I've checked 1.1.4 & 1.2.2. Both don't seem to satisfy such a dependency:

like i said, "when necessary". your /etc/fstab doesnt seem to require it.
-mike
 
Old 06-15-2010, 11:10 AM
Amit Dor-Shifer
 
Default net-fs/nfs-utils: rpc.idmapd required on both client & server side?

On 06/15/10 09:38, Mike Frysinger wrote:

On Tue, Jun 15, 2010 at 2:17 AM, Amit Dor-Shifer wrote:

please refrain from top posting.



I've checked 1.1.4& 1.2.2. Both don't seem to satisfy such a dependency:


like i said, "when necessary". your /etc/fstab doesnt seem to require it.
-mike



Now I see it. 10x.
Amit
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 11:25 PM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org