Old 06-14-2010, 06:43 AM
Amit Dor-Shifer

Default net-fs/nfs-utils: rpc.idmapd required on both client & server side?

Hi,
I read in idmapd's manpage that "It provides functionality to the NFSv4
kernel client and server". I'm therefore wondering whether it'd be
desired to facilitate an rc dependency of nfsmount (client-side) in
rpc.idmapd. /etc/init.d/nfs (server side) allows that via
NFS_NEEDED_SERVICES.

Comments?
Amit