Old 05-29-2010, 05:47 AM
spinugio

Default gentoo embedded "reference accounts"?

Hi everybody,

* can I please get some so-to-speak "reference accounts" of products that are using Gentoo as their embedded Linux distribution of choice? in other words, can you please let me know of any embedded appliance that is running gentoo linux?

I am trying my best to convince my company that it would be a good choice I'd really appreciate any help in this direction from your side...

thank you!
-Spinugio

Old 05-29-2010, 05:54 PM
Joshua Saddler

On Fri, 28 May 2010 22:47:58 -0700
spinugio <spinugio@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi everybody,
>
> can I please get some so-to-speak "reference accounts" of products that
> are using Gentoo as their embedded Linux distribution of choice? in other
> words, can you please let me know of any embedded appliance that is running
> gentoo linux?
>
> I am trying my best to convince my company that it would be a good choice
> I'd really appreciate any help in this direction from your side...

We really have no way of knowing unless someone tells us. As far as what we do know . . .

I usually run news items on these kinds of things, so check the Public Relations and GMN archives for articles on the various places Gentoo's used.

D-Link routers, for example, run (or used to run) Gentoo. SRI's solar probe, RAISE, ran Gentoo. The Misa Digital Guitar, just entering mass production, runs Gentoo. There are many more places where Gentoo's been used in various devices and production environments, so the PR, GMN, and GWN archives are your friends, as well as searching Google for Gentoo success stories.

Old 05-29-2010, 08:06 PM
Richard Freeman