Old 05-26-2010, 12:54 PM
Diego E. Pettenò

Default QA last rites for dev-lisp/cl-smtp; dev-lisp/cl-pop

# Diego E. Pettenò <flameeyes@gentoo.org> (26 May 2010)
# on behalf of QA team
#
# cl-smtp fails to fetch since at least September 2007
# (bug #193627); cl-pop needs the former.
#
# Removal on 2010-07-25
dev-lisp/cl-smtp
dev-lisp/cl-pop

Old 05-26-2010, 08:59 PM
Antoni Grzymala

Diego E. Pettenò dixit (2010-05-26, 14:54):

> # Diego E. Pettenò <flameeyes@gentoo.org> (26 May 2010)
> # on behalf of QA team
> #
> # cl-smtp fails to fetch since at least September 2007
> # (bug #193627); cl-pop needs the former.
> #
> # Removal on 2010-07-25
> dev-lisp/cl-smtp
> dev-lisp/cl-pop

cl-smtp has just fetched perfectly for me using the ebuild in the lisp
overlay... May I humbly suggest a bump instead of treecleaning?

On the other hand – I think most CL packages should either get dumped
from gentoo proper and people should be advised to use the overlay for
most their CL needs today or the overlay should make its way into the
main portage tree.

Please note that this is just a user's POV – I may not be aware of some
important reasons for keeping the somewhat sorry status quo.

Best,

--
[a]