Old 04-11-2010, 07:52 AM
Markos Chandras

Default Team : Recruitment Process.

On Saturday 03 April 2010 16:40:20 Ben de Groot wrote:
> On 3 April 2010 13:33, Richard Freeman <rich0@gentoo.org> wrote:
> > I really think that the Gentoo recruitment process needs improvement.
> > Right now it seems like a LOT of effort is required both to become a
> > Gentoo dev and to help somebody become a Gentoo dev. That means we have
> > great people, but not many of them.
>[..]
After the discussion which took place yesterday on $irc, now it is time for us
( as a whole users+devs ) to act and review the recruitment process. Petteri
is willing to accept patches for the ebuilds.

A Team is required to discuss possible changes and propose solutions to
optimize the whole recruitment process. We could easily do it here but I want
a team to work on that instead of individual opinions which could easily
mislead up.

So, since Ben proposed the idea but we is unable to lead this team due to his
lack of free time ( please Ben don't get demotivated! ), I can do it.

Please, let me know who is willing to sit on the table and have a serious
discussion about this critical matter.

As soon as we have enough manpower of that, we will define a way of
communication ( email alias or IRC channel ) and deal with it

Thanks
--
Markos Chandras (hwoarang)
Gentoo Linux Developer