Old 04-09-2010, 07:41 PM
Fabio Erculiani

Default Packaging RedHat/Fedora tools and libs

On Fri, Apr 9, 2010 at 9:24 PM, Zac Medico <zmedico@gentoo.org> wrote:
> On 04/09/2010 04:34 AM, Fabio Erculiani wrote:
>> They are available in the "sabayon" overlay. Is there anybody
>> interested in helping me out for the integration and, perhaps,
>> merge-into-Portage part?
>
> That sounds interesting. I was planning to add public apis for the
> packagekit portage backend to use soon, and I guess those apis
> should also be useful for an anaconda portage backend.

[semi-OT]
Since I am (together with volkmar) one of the PK Portage backend
maintainers, let me know once you have interesting APIs implemented
for that. The backend itself would also require testing and some
profiling sessions to spot annoying speed issues.
[/semi-OT]

--
Fabio Erculiani
http://www.sabayon.org

Old 04-09-2010, 09:08 PM
Nirbheek Chauhan

On Sat, Apr 10, 2010 at 1:11 AM, Fabio Erculiani <lxnay@gentoo.org> wrote:
> [semi-OT]
> Since I am (together with volkmar) one of the PK Portage backend
> maintainers, let me know once you have interesting APIs implemented
> for that. The backend itself would also require testing and some
> profiling sessions to spot annoying speed issues.
> [/semi-OT]

In the spirit of off-topic-ness

Is gnome-packagekit ready to go into tree with the gnome 2.30 release?
Or should we wait till 2.32 or something?

--
~Nirbheek Chauhan

Gentoo GNOME+Mozilla Team

Old 04-15-2010, 05:24 AM
Fabio Erculiani

On Sat, Apr 10, 2010 at 2:45 AM, Robin H. Johnson <robbat2@gentoo.org> wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 09, 2010 at 01:34:46PM +0200, Fabio Erculiani wrote:
>> app-admin/authconfig
> (just checking, this is the nsswitch.conf changer right?), if so, then
> add to below.
>
>> net-misc/fcoe-utils
>> sys-apps/hbaapi
>> sys-block/open-iscsi (see extra patches)
> I'm interested in these, and can review/merge.

Go ahead

--
Fabio Erculiani
http://www.sabayon.org