FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor

Go Back   Linux Archive > Gentoo > Gentoo Development

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 04-09-2010, 11:34 AM
Fabio Erculiani
 
Default Packaging RedHat/Fedora tools and libs

I'm in the process of porting (once again) a new Anaconda snapshot to
Sabayon (thus, to Gentoo-land). I spent several hours creating ebuilds
(basic, not fully integrated yet) for the following pkgs:

app-admin/authconfig
app-admin/firstboot
app-admin/system-config-date
app-admin/system-config-date
app-admin/system-config-keyboard
app-admin/system-config-users
app-cdr/isomd5sum
dev-python/pyblock
dev-python/python-cryptsetup
dev-python/python-meh
dev-python/python-nss
dev-python/python-report
dev-util/pykickstart
net-misc/dcbd
net-misc/fcoe-utils
sys-apps/hbaapi
sys-block/open-iscsi (see extra patches)
sys-libs/libuser

They are available in the "sabayon" overlay. Is there anybody
interested in helping me out for the integration and, perhaps,
merge-into-Portage part?
For the record, nowadays the Anaconda architecture is very clean and
allows non-rpm distros to build custom installation profiles and
backends quite easily. I'm really really impressed by the amazing work
RedHat guys did during last years.

Regards,
--
Fabio Erculiani
http://www.sabayon.org
http://www.gentoo.org
 
Old 04-09-2010, 07:24 PM
Zac Medico
 
Default Packaging RedHat/Fedora tools and libs

On 04/09/2010 04:34 AM, Fabio Erculiani wrote:
> They are available in the "sabayon" overlay. Is there anybody
> interested in helping me out for the integration and, perhaps,
> merge-into-Portage part?

That sounds interesting. I was planning to add public apis for the
packagekit portage backend to use soon, and I guess those apis
should also be useful for an anaconda portage backend.
--
Thanks,
Zac
 
Old 04-10-2010, 12:45 AM
"Robin H. Johnson"
 
Default Packaging RedHat/Fedora tools and libs

On Fri, Apr 09, 2010 at 01:34:46PM +0200, Fabio Erculiani wrote:
> app-admin/authconfig
(just checking, this is the nsswitch.conf changer right?), if so, then
add to below.

> net-misc/fcoe-utils
> sys-apps/hbaapi
> sys-block/open-iscsi (see extra patches)
I'm interested in these, and can review/merge.


--
Robin Hugh Johnson
Gentoo Linux: Developer, Trustee & Infrastructure Lead
E-Mail : robbat2@gentoo.org
GnuPG FP : 11AC BA4F 4778 E3F6 E4ED F38E B27B 944E 3488 4E85
 
Old 04-10-2010, 10:19 AM
Pacho Ramos
 
Default Packaging RedHat/Fedora tools and libs

El vie, 09-04-2010 a las 21:41 +0200, Fabio Erculiani escribió:
>
> On Fri, Apr 9, 2010 at 9:24 PM, Zac Medico <zmedico@gentoo.org> wrote:
> > On 04/09/2010 04:34 AM, Fabio Erculiani wrote:
> >> They are available in the "sabayon" overlay. Is there anybody
> >> interested in helping me out for the integration and, perhaps,
> >> merge-into-Portage part?
> >
> > That sounds interesting. I was planning to add public apis for the
> > packagekit portage backend to use soon, and I guess those apis
> > should also be useful for an anaconda portage backend.
>
> [semi-OT]
> Since I am (together with volkmar) one of the PK Portage backend
> maintainers, let me know once you have interesting APIs implemented
> for that. The backend itself would also require testing and some
> profiling sessions to spot annoying speed issues.
> [/semi-OT]

I didn't know a packagekit portage backend was being prepared :-O

Thanks a lot to all the people involved =)
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 09:40 PM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright ©2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org